What to do if I leave my job without another job to go to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What to do if I leave my job without another job to go to?

Scoob
Scoob Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I'm new here. I'm very nervous about posting online. I have a very demanding job and work beyond my hours and take work home to complete. I have learned a lot since starting this job and was extremely proud that I secured this position as many applied. However, I don't know how much longer I can sustain this so was wondering if I was to resign without another job to go to will this make my job search more difficult and make me a less desirable person to recruit? I do have a physical disability. What can I do to make myself more desirable to recruit should I be unemployed when I apply for jobs again? Thanking you in advance. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Scoob welcome to the community!

Firstly, how long in advance do you have to give in your resignation? A week? A month? 

If you were to resign, without another job to go to, how would you manage financially?

It is best to look for job opportunities while you're currently in a job because there is no guarantee that you would get a job straight away, disability or not.

Hope this helps :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You should speak to your employer about reasonable adjustments because of your disability. Leaving your job without having another one to go to isn't always the answer. ESA isn't claimable without first claiming SSP for 28 weeks.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness