Pip review - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

Comments

• JO2907
    JO2907 Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Sorry do you work for the DWP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    No! I claim PIP and ESA myself and my daughter claims PIP also. Thank you!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Before this gets out of hand i'll end it here but wish you good luck with your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JO2907
    Yes I also Claim PIP and ESA. So like i say i'll listen to the Advice I Find Valueable. Thank You!!
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @JO2907 please treat others on here with respect as we are all here to help each other. This is a forum where we speak through our own experiences and nobody claims to be experts or work for dwp. @poppy123456 is only trying to help and if you look on other topics she does same. If you don't like the advice don't take the advice. Your choice. 
  • poppy123456
    @debbiedo49 thank you very much! Much appreciated, i was only trying to help. Seems like we can't please everyone.
  • poppy123456
    JO2907 said:
    Yes I also Claim PIP and ESA. So like i say i'll listen to the Advice I Find Valueable. Thank You!!
    I find your comments rather hurtful and uncalled for. I was only trying to help and never said anything bad or disrespectful to you.
  • JO2907
    Really Sorry if i've Offended Anyone it wasn't my Intention. But like @debbiedo49 has said its my Choice which Advice I Choose to take i think. Thank you
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    sarah50 said:
    Well my reassessment didn't go well I have been denied pip and because of their stupid postal system and the time limits that are imposed on us but not them, they work to guidelines that they don't have to stick to, I have had to apply for a mandatory reconsideration. Without the benefit of my report. I now have a copy of the report and it varies from inaccurate to down right lie. I don't expect DWP to change their decision based on the MR and I've got no clue how long it will take for that decision to come through but I will be taking it to tribunal again no idea how long that will take but someone I know here in the southwest waited 9 months. My pip has stopped altogether as of the 19th the date of the decision. Happy days debt here I come.
    From initial decision to second tribunal assuming the first tribunal goes wrong for some reason it was two and a half years for us and ended today with  enhanced care and mobility award. Double win
    Over £10000 due
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    It seems to be a postcode lottery wish us all luck coz there seems no clear rules even when you fit their criteria 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Yadnad's valuable advice... not being nasty here but this persons PIP claim was refused and the information he gave you was just stats from the internet...
    @poppy123456 I can agree with this one too. He has not once but twice, no it was three times and he will tell us himself...? I'm keeping my trap shut lol....?
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• debbiedo49
    Please stop with personal digs and use respect.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Love and peace, and respect to one and all  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️god bless us all.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• debbiedo49
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Yadnad's valuable advice... not being nasty here but this persons PIP claim was refused and the information he gave you was just stats from the internet...
    @poppy123456 I can agree with this one too. He has not once but twice, no it was three times and he will tell us himself...? I'm keeping my trap shut lol....?
    Absolutely and why? Because I received no advice or help from anybody in completing the claim forms or attending the face to face assessment because there were no agencies locally to give that help unlike yourself that had the availability of multiple agencies  where you shopped around looking for the best advice source.

The way I had to work the claims was by trial and error.

The first two failures were changed at MR stage from 0 points to enhanced care & mobility!
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    I don't think your illness itself or your symptoms matter much it seems to be about how or if you can manage or need help.
    That's why people with one leg or no legs sometimes get declned, it's because despite everything they say they can manage just about and that will scupper the claim.
    If you can manage that's that.
    If you  need help to manage that will help your claim.
    They don't care if you barely scrape through alone.
    It's what help you need.
    Don't know how this became a row.
    In my experience claims fail because they don't get enough proof with the application, the more the better, if people put as much effort into the beginning as the appeals they would fare better.
    I was guilty of this too, just gave names of docs etc, didn't give health visits and appointments receipts for proof of travel etc costs, nurse appointments, incidents and problems you had and when and where.  there's so much more you can send them at the start  and then they rely less on the damn f2f who just lie, I don't know why but they do.

• susankay
    susankay Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Well it will be ten weeks tomorrow since DWP received my AR1 form. I thought this was to make the review process quicker. I will up date you all when i finally hear something from them. Best of luck to you all with your claims.
  • poppy123456
    There's still backlogs and that adds to the time.
  • sarah50
    sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    @tru88le you are probably right but I knew nothing of the PiP system before I was Obliged to rely on it. Nobody from the DWP lets you know what to do, it's here's the form get it back to us by..... My original claim went through fairly smoothly. I had no idea my reassessment was going to be this hard, I mistakenly believed that because my condition hasn't changed I would be treated in the same way as I was before. After reading some of the experiences on here I should not have been so naïve. But the process is hard enough now my health is declining I have to do all the phoning and running round gathering stuff to prove I'm not a liar. It even said in the report that they had six pieces of evidence but only considered four so even if you supply the evidence they ignore the bits they don't want to look at.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.