pins needles an numbness in my fingers - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pins needles an numbness in my fingers

124»

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Please please could people chat in messages. X
  • jacki8
    jacki8 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    deb74 said:
    at the end of last year i started to have pins and needles in my fingers and they kept going numb. i went to the drs and had a blood test. i was told their was nothing wrong. i put up with it until april when it got worse and my hands started shaking which is very annoying. in the meantime i had changed drs. i was given another blood test and had an xray, the dr thought it was arthritis as i couldn't straighten my fingers and i already have arthritis in my spine and legs. the results came back and i didn't have arthritis in my hands. again i left i finally decided to go back to the dr last week as i am now having lots of pain in my shoulders and arms.finally i have got the answer! i was born with scoliosis as well spina bifida. it turns out my spine is slowly starting to get worse and it is putting pressure on my neck which is causing all the pins and needles and numbness. i have got to go to the hospital for more tests and xrays to see how bad it has got. i am not sure if they will be able to do anything because they have xrayed my spine before and won't operate as they have told me i will walk into the hospital and come out in a wheelchair. 

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi debbieo49
    i have had the results back from my blood test and they came back as normal. i have got an appointment with my dr on thursday and then i have got a nerve conduction test on the 23rd of october. i will let you know what happens
  • debbiedo49
  • deb74
  • deb74
    hi debbiedo49. I have just come back from the drs and i have been told that i might have to have an operation on my spine.(suprise suprise ) i have got to go back to the drs after i have had my tests at the hospital to dicuss what happens next.
  • deb74
    Hi debbiedo49 I have spoken to the dr about my test results and I have got to have an MRI.
  • debbiedo49
    Best wishes, message me if you want a chat x
  • deb74
     debbiedo49. Thanks
  • deb74
    I have got my mri on Friday. hopefully I will find out soon if I need an operation.
  • lindaket
    lindaket Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited July 2021
    (Removed by moderator, advertising)
  • Healed
    Healed Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Dear all,

I had tingling in my legs/feet/hands/head and also numbness in my arms/hands/fingers. I joined this forum to try and give you some reassurance that all my symptoms have gone away after about a year (the sooner you manage to deal with stress and anxiety, the better!!). Change your lifestyle, find ways to try and enjoy the mundane things you hate, but keep your mind busy, like housework and also try to avoid people that make you feel overwhelmed. Without wanting to offend anyone, the truth is I owe all my patience and strength to Jesus, and could never of gotten through it all by own willpower alone.

I wish you all the very best, and believe you will beat this.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Healed :) I'm glad that your symptoms have improved, and that you've managed to make some lifestyle changes that work for you. 

All the best for 2022! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness