Ethical banking for my brother without capacity. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ethical banking for my brother without capacity.

Options
Liam89
Liam89 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi there,

im looking to open an account for my brother who I’ve recently received deputyship for. He lacks capacity and lives a few hours from me so I’d like to find a way to keep his money with an ethical bank, if possible, and provide his support workers with a top up or pre-paid card for his days out. 

Ive heard that Barclays is good re banking for the disabled but take serious issue with how they invest their money. Has anyone heard of any other banks who do well with prepaid cards? Or know if banks like Monzo could work well in this circumstance?

I’m considering an account with Triodos for general banking with Monzo as a pre-paid card, but don’t know if I’m getting myself in deep unnecessarily. 

Appreciate any any insight you can provide! 

Thanks,
Liam

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.