Power of attorney and building society issues affecting his allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Power of attorney and building society issues affecting his allowance

ABLUEBOY
ABLUEBOY Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My son is 23 and severely autistic, we put some money away for  him in a building society but lost the details, we have since found the details and declared it to the taxman, which takes him over the limit on his funds and has affected his allowance. We have been trying to get the building society to release the funds for two years, but keep going around in circles asking for Power of Attorney. They said that if we opened a bank account ( which my wife did ,a joint account with my son and my wife's name) only to be told again that Power of Attorney is needed. We have been promised call backs to help with the problems and they never replied. My wife is his appointee with the Works and Pensions and she has sent all such documentation to the BS, but to no avail and she is now at her wits end and find it difficult to progress this matter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.