Contract terminated due to ill health, please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contract terminated due to ill health, please help

manscolli
manscolli Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi..I have just had my contract terminated due to ill health..I have been diagnosed with MS..I am 52 years old..I will be receiving my pension..however I have been told there are benefits that I could claim..can you help me plz 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @manscolli welcome to the community!

I am so sorry to hear what has happened, have a look at the information in our What benefits am I entitled to? Which explains about various benefits and how to apply.

If you need any further help then please do let us know! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • manscolli
    I will..thankyou ami2301 thanks for your reply x
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    You're very welcome @manscolli :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @manscolli, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

Just to echo Ami's suggestion, do have a look at the online benefits calculator, and feel free to come back to us with any questions. Our community members will do their best to advise!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    manscolli said:
    Hi..I have just had my contract terminated due to ill health..I have been diagnosed with MS..I am 52 years old..I will be receiving my pension..however I have been told there are benefits that I could claim..can you help me plz 
    Hi,

Did you claim SSP for 28 weeks before you finished work? This is payable before you can claim Contributions based ESA. Do you mean an ill health pension?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • manscolli
    Hi..I’ve been off work for 3months I’ve had sick pay..but only just had my contact terminated 15/10/18..so don’t know what I will get..and yes I will be getting my pension due to ill health..
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need the SSP1 form from your employer to be able to claim ESA. If your pension is more than £85 per week then this will affect the amount of ESA you can claim. You will also need a fit/sick note from your GP to be able to claim this.

You also need to check what's in your area, if it's a full universal credit area then you'll need to claim New Style contributions based ESA. If not the it will be the old style contributions based ESA. Same benefit, different claims phone number. Check your area here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.