ESA underpayment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA underpayment

Comments

• Burny
    Burny Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Although recently I've inquired and esa tells me I'm on contribution based esa . 
  • Burny
    In a support group which I do not have to attend any tnterviess or meetings 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Burny said:
    Although recently I've inquired and esa tells me I'm on contribution based esa . 
    You stated in a comment that you now claim Universal credit with your partner?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Burny
    No I'm still on pip esa I havnt had a partner since 2011
  • poppy123456
    The underpayments is concerning those that transferred from incapacity benefit to ESA, if this was you then DWP will contact you sometime in the future.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Burny
    it is what happened to my claim. Hopefully they will  contact me. Genuinely sorry to be a pain I'm not very good at this sort of thing. Thank you very much 
  • poppy123456
    Contributions based ESA Support Group is £110.75 per week, is this the amount of ESA you receive? (£221.50 every 2 weeks)
  • Burny
    No I receive  £224.10 per fortnight on esa . I have just been informed  by a friend that I should be on the higher rate of esa ( I didn't know there were different  rates ) of £ 188 per week. ?  
  • poppy123456
    DWP will eventually contact you.
  • Burny
    Does that mean I maybe entitled to more? 
  • poppy123456
    Maybe.
  • sickboy2
    sickboy2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Be on ESA, since 2009.will I be eligible for any back payment. 
  • poppy123456
    sickboy2 said:
    Be on ESA, since 2009.will I be eligible for any back payment. 
    The underpayments concern those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA. If that was you then it will totally depend on your circumstances.
  • paramount7force
    paramount7force Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Got my award. Rang oldham today its been approved took exactly 12 weeks to the day.
  • maxter
    maxter Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    what number did you ring mate
  • paramount7force
    paramount7force Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    The number is 0800 169 0346
  • maxter
  • maxter
    i got a letter today telling me basically im better off on contribution based esa,no back payment.
  • poppy123456
    Qualifying for the income related top up on Contributions based totally depend on your circumstances. If you live with a partner that works, have savings/capital then all these go against you for claiming the top up.

Contributions based benefits aren't means tested and your income/savings/capital aren't counted when claiming this.
  • maxter
    hi poppy,got no savings no partner,i recieve £224 a fortnight contribution esa.i also recieve industrial disablement benefit

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.