ddd degenerate disc desies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ddd degenerate disc desies

deano5278
deano5278 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
 Hi there I'm sorry I'm not a big talker I'm really trying to see what help is out there I'm 32 years old and was a carpet fitter for 13 years until about nine months ago ago I got put on limited capabilities only , I am parsley deaf in both ears having to were hearing aids with are degenerate and yesterday I got my results back for my back I've been suffering with pain like made alover my back and shoulders my results have come back as follows c5-6 degenerate disc bulge with moderate foraminal stenosis and chronic looking involvement in existing c5 never .
Also t7-8 and t9-10 degenerate disc osteophyte but not spinal stenosis or never compression .
L3-l4 degenerate disc bugle but not nerves or Spinal stenosis. Thank dean

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

What help are you looking for exactly? If you can be more specific then i'm sure someone will advise further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deano5278
    Well basically all I have ever worked as is floor layer since leaving army I really unsure what benefits I'm entitled for I've been told to go pip but unsure what I would qualify for I can even walk to my local shop no more with out getting shooting pains in my leg sciatica , and the pain and discomfort of sitting down moving around any part of day with my back shoulders and neck is stupidly pain full when I'm out side or in a crowed I can't hear anyone I'm in cronic pain all the time thus has just worsed of the space of 8 months and now cold weather coming in it all getting even more painful
  • TonyMon
    TonyMon Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    You need to apply for PIP & ESA 
  • deano5278
    Yeah that's great I want to be able to talk to other people with the same problem see how they get on with it and pain relief they think work best n things like that 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it;s how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

Evidence will be needed to support a claim and the evidence you need should state how your conditions affect you.

As you say you're already claiming Limited capability for work is this Universal credit or ESA? If it's UC then you can't claim ESA.

As for pain relief then you need to speak to your GP about this because people aren't medically qualified to give any advice about medication on an internet forum.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.