Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Concerned about the Coronavirus?

We've put together some helpful information and advice about Covid-19 on our website.

You can also read about: improving your wellbeing, getting food and essentials and claiming benefits during this time.

Access to work taxi and motibility car

charmcharm Member Posts: 3 Listener
I have an adapted motibility car which I currently use for work (I have Spina Bifida), but my employer is moving office premises and I don’t want to drive to the new location as it’s further from my home. I am thinking about applying for support from access to work. Would I need to give up my motibility car? I’ve tried without success to phone DWP, their ATW helpline is rings a dozen or so times, then goes dead.


  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,903 Disability Gamechanger
    Not sure, why don't you go into your local jobcentre and ask? My advisor has mentioned this scheme so I take it that they might know, or not? Otherwise someone else will be able to help
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • charmcharm Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I will pop into the Jobcentre when I next get a day off, just thought someone on the forum might know. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,466 Disability Gamechanger
    You won't have to give your mobility car up but having a mobility car may go against you for funding for a taxi from ATW.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.