Sick notes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sick notes

Options
debbiebush
debbiebush Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi im currently on sick from work. Our policy is to phone in everyday. Its work thats making me ill and the thought of having ti call daily (why? Who do I speak to? What do I have to say) I have sicknote from dr surely this should be enough? Where do I stand if I havent called in daily? Making me so stressed I cant handle the pressure

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @debbiebush

Ask to speak to your manager or whom is in charge when you ring. I remember when I was on sick leave from work and having to do this. I asked if I had to ring everyday (my mum had to as I had lost my hearing) and they said to only ring in on the days that I was supposed to work. It's worth double checking with your manager to see if you don't have to ring in everyday.

When you contact them, you could say
    "Hello, it's Debbie. I am aware that our policy states that members of staff are required to contact when they are unable to work due to sickness. As my sick note states I am unfit/unable to work from (date) until (date), I would like to check if it is still essential that I contact on the days I am due to work until my sick note expires.”

I know it can be daunting but once you know what to say, it’s straightforward.

I think employees must abide by this so it’s on your record

Hope this helps! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Options
    HI@Debbieush and welcome ,sorry to hear you are having a hard time , yes i was going to say you need to phone in sick if in policy , as i had to, how long is your sick note for,  first i think they will say to you about why you need to phone up as you read the policy and signed it .if you phone in work first thing it is over and done for that day. x

Brightness