Feeling angry about the transition from child to adult — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling angry about the transition from child to adult

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hello I am feeling really really angry at the moment because of people not agreeing with certain things that I say in which they should do. Also I am sick of people saying negative things and with things changing for the worse. I have talked about campaigning for the world to be more better, for mine and other people's voices to be heard more and also for all types of adult services and places to stay at age 18 and over rather than all services like that to be put up to age 25 as 18 is the age we become adults and for the transition to be more smoother and less scary as possible I am hoping that people will agree with what I am saying here as it makes me feel so angry and makes me also want to lash out to let all my feelings out and also because my ideas are quite good and it makes me worry quite a lot about going into next year and it makes me worry about the future too. I really want more positive and helpful people to help me and advice me more on my situation.
S.York

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sholay09
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us today. I am sure there will be lots of people in the community who will be able to relate to what you are saying. It is great that you are wanting to make that difference for the benefit of others. How do you think you could go about doing this?
    Scope

• Sholay09
    Well I would like to campaign to make my voice be heard more.
    S.York
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sholay09 that is great to hear. Here is the Scope Campaign Toolkit. It should give you some advice about how to get started :)
    Scope

• Sholay09
    Hello my name is Shola and I am 20 years old. I recently looked up some transition services for young adults online that they do in America and I think some other countries as well and I was thinking about doing something to have some transition services in this country too to help these younger adults like myself transition to adulthood and adult services in a successful, possible and in a smooth way as I want this country to do more to help 18-21 or 18-25 year olds transition to adulthood because they are not children anymore and are now adults and also I don't want this country to end up creating dependent young adults as at age 18 they should be doing more things for themselves and be encouraged to be more independent I also hope that people think that my idea is good. 
    S.York

Brightness