45 minutes late and counting - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

45 minutes late and counting

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    @Firefly123 hope you son ok tonight  ,please give a update at their poor excuse  tomorrow when you phone them  , @PTSDdisabled   hope you are ok too 
  • PTSDdisabled
    PTSDdisabled Posts: 41 Connected
    @Firefly123,

That must be really awful.

I rarely see anyone these days, hardly speak to anyone on the phone, I have only survived owing to my partner being a caring understanding person, without her I wouldn’t be here.

Luckily your son has you.

• PTSDdisabled
    @topshoes.

Thank you, I appreciate your comment.
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
     thats fine@ptsddisabled im on here to try and help people, need to talk alway here for you all 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

What you talking about we were sitting at home who goes to the shop when waiting for an assessment 
    I know you were but what you were advised to do by telephoning the DWP could be used by some others wrongly who popped out for 15 mins swearing blind that they were in and no one knocked on the door.

• Yadnad
    Tardis said:
    @yadnad; Did you mean to sound like you were accusing the OP of lying?  @Firefly123; They have treated you appallingly.  I hope you do follow through with a complaint.  You must let them know exactly how this has affected your son.  I really hope you can get some sleep tonight.  
    Not at all, I tend to find ways how some people can abuse the system as I know a lot of people who would never admit to doing anything wrong. They would swear blindly that they never left the house even if they did they won't admit it. 
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    It's been a very very stressful day as it is i think most people come on here for genuine advice from others who understand and being a carer for 3 young adults with a range of difficulties disabilities can be a very lonely place at times. 
  • PTSDdisabled
    @Firefly123,

Happily most people are here to support each other, not make snide comments then whine when they get called out!
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Yes I think so 
  • Yadnad
    @Yadnad
    We know where you are coming from, any hysterical excuse to smear people. I wonder if any of the people accused of not being in have video evidence, or third parties who could vouch they were in and no one came?
    No need to, the DWP would accept what they are saying as the truth. I was simply looking at the posting and advice from the point of view of a case manager. How trusting can a case manager be when being told this? Yes in this case it is a genuine situation, but in a different one would the claimant get away with it? Of course he would and that is why it could be exploited.
     Maybe the best advice is to give the assessor 5mins and then telephone the DWP. It would sound better with an earlier call than one hours later.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    I hope you get a swift and positive resolution to this.  How hard could it have been for them to just give you a phone call?  I remember the sleepless nights when I was battling with them earlier this month.   It is so hard.  And on top of all the rest we have to deal with!  
  • PTSDdisabled
    Yadnad said:
    @Yadnad
    We know where you are coming from, any hysterical excuse to smear people. I wonder if any of the people accused of not being in have video evidence, or third parties who could vouch they were in and no one came?
    No need to, the DWP would accept what they are saying as the truth. I was simply looking at the posting and advice from the point of view of a case manager. How trusting can a case manager be when being told this? Yes in this case it is a genuine situation, but in a different one would the claimant get away with it? Of course he would and that is why it could be exploited.
     Maybe the best advice is to give the assessor 5mins and then telephone the DWP. It would sound better with an earlier call than one hours later.
    Do you often fantasise about being a powerful person who can lord it over other people? Most of us are too busy trying to get by to indulge in power fantasies. Stating that people are lying is a form of narcissism. trying to make vulnerable people doubt themselves is gaslighting. You wouldn’t make it in the diplomatic world.

why are you on this forum? Do you think the vulnerable are your prey? Not this one chum!
  • Tardis
    edited October 2018
    yadnad, our last appointment letter said they would arrive between 9 and 11.  So when exactly are they 5 minutes late?   

And the last time I phoned the DWP it took over 45 minutes to get through...
  • Yadnad
    Tardis said:
    yadnad, our last appointment letter said they would arrive between 9 and 11.  So when exactly are they 5 minutes late?   

And the last time I phoned the DWP it took over 45 minutes to get through...
    I would be on the phone at 11.05am to the assessing company AND the DWP wanting to know where the hell this individual was. And if it took 45 mins to get through I would make a point of telling them the time it has taken for them to answer the call and asking them to note on the files that you are not happy with all of this messing about and the time you made the call.

• Yadnad

Do you often fantasise about being a powerful person who can lord it over other people? Most of us are too busy trying to get by to indulge in power fantasies. Stating that people are lying is a form of narcissism. trying to make vulnerable people doubt themselves is gaslighting. You wouldn’t make it in the diplomatic world.

why are you on this forum? Do you think the vulnerable are your prey? Not this one chum!
    What a strange comment.
    I'm sorry but if you can't see the possibility of some abusing this then I am wasting my time answering you.

You are right I wouldn't make it in the diplomatic world and nor would I want to.

No we are all vulnerable one way or another - some more so than others. I appreciate that.  No one is my 'prey' - a ridiculous thing to say.

I'm just pointing out that to protect yourself in this particular case/thread, it would be far better to ring and complain earlier rather than later. The early calls would be seen to be in general, more genuine if it ever came to an argument later down the line.
    See my above post addressed to Tardis.

• Tardis
    OK yadnad, I know I shouldn't be feeding you, but:
    A: it sounds like firefly did get straight on the phone
    B: it ain't always easy to spend 45 minutes on hold when you have a very distressed adolescent to deal with!
  • PTSDdisabled
    Yadnad said:

What a strange comment.
    I'm sorry but if you can't see the possibility of some abusing this then I am wasting my time answering you.

You are right I wouldn't make it in the diplomatic world and nor would I want to.

No we are all vulnerable one way or another - some more so than others. I appreciate that.  No one is my 'prey' - a ridiculous thing to say.

I'm just pointing out that to protect yourself in this particular case/thread, it would be far better to ring and complain earlier rather than later. The early calls would be seen to be in general, more genuine if it ever came to an argument later down the line.
    See my above post addressed to Tardis.

You are just a miserable person, who seems to delight in upsetting others. Called out by someone else I see

You would do me a favour of not responding to me, nor anyone else. You seem to derive some form of perverse delight in upsetting other people. One would have to wonder if you have ever posted anything useful or if you only post snide comments?
  • Yadnad
    I give up trying to help on this thread.
    The OP did not telephone straight away - see the times of their posts
    Poppy advised to telephone the DWP before 6pm - that was timed at 4.05pm

The OP should have been on the phone no later than 11.05am to both the DWP and the assessing company - the OP's first post was 12.21pm

Earlier is better than later - it would seem to all concerned be a genuine situation
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.