Pip review - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

123457»

Comments

• Laura99
    Laura99 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Yadnad, I imagine that the majority of people do not have any independent evidence. That is the trouble. As we all know, the Assessors are extremely fraudulent in their written reports. Their remit is to save money for the DWP - it is as simple as that. I have lost count of the number of times I have read on this forum that the Assessors' reports are a pack of lies. My own one was. Although the vast majority of people do not understand that PIP is awarded based on how conditions affect the claimant, the DWP fail to make this clear in any way.

I did seek help (and got a doctor's letter, which was free) for the Tribunal. My own submission was eventually written after a good deal of searching online for assistance. 

I think that the most likely person to write a fraudulent piece of evidence is the claimant him/herself, not their nearest and dearest, but I do not suggest for a moment that most people do this. I do believe that most people don't write fraudulent evidence.

However, by the time we reach the stage of going to a Tribunal, we are much more savvy regarding what the DWP require, so we (ought to) make sure that the evidence they receive does, in fact, relate to how our conditions affect us on a daily basis.

I am not suggesting fraud here on the part of claimants. If we are going to talk about fraud, we should be looking at those hundreds of thousands of Face-to-Face Assessments which have caused untold distress to so many, including me.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    I also doubt that many people write fraudulent claims.  I think there are many people who underplay their difficulties, thinking that their condition(s) should make it obvious what their limitations are.  I got some good advice years ago when filling out a child DLA claim, which was to assume the person reading it knew nothing at all and explain everything, in detail, repeatedly if necessary.  
  • Laura99
    Laura99 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Tardis said:
    I also doubt that many people write fraudulent claims.  I think there are many people who underplay their difficulties, thinking that their condition(s) should make it obvious what their limitations are.  I got some good advice years ago when filling out a child DLA claim, which was to assume the person reading it knew nothing at all and explain everything, in detail, repeatedly if necessary.  
    Now that makes a good deal of sense, Tardis. 

In fact, this brings into sharp focus the fact that parents have to complete forms for their children when the children are claimants. Obviously the DWP are not expecting anyone other than parents to do this. Presumably the DWP are also not expecting parents to make fraudulent claims. One would hope not.
  • jasman
    jasman Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    i waited in for a pip review they was to come to my home, they never turned up.that is twice now. i phoned them and they said we will look in to it. what a joke
  • susankay
    susankay Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Finally had a text to phone and make an appointment for f2f. Appointment for 20th November. Just want to get it out of the way. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    As a community we are here to help and support people when they are vunerable and in need of some guidance. There are terms and conditions that should be adhered to and if not then there is the option of flagging that post to the Scope team
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • haveacigar
    haveacigar Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    lexxus16 said:
    There are some real self-righteous, nasty, narcissistic, awful people on this thread and throughout this forum! And it seems to be the same person and people that pop up every time! Not just on here, on MoneySavingForum and other sites also. "Know it alls" that no matter what you say, they have to have the last word, and be negative putting people down with every word they say, because they think they are the "be all and end all" when it comes to state benefits! I'm waiting for the day any one of you approach me with that same BS - attacking an innocent poster, bringing up their personal business/details referring to the fact they were turned down, and using it to be spiteful, yet was you there in the room when he/she was being assessed?!? Do you know him/her personally to make that assumption as to why they was declined? 

Making indirect b****y comments that they don't have a right to comment or give advice because they were turned down, how dare you! Completely shocking how low people will stoop when no one agrees with them and their attempt at shutting the person down fails! So does that mean Yadnad was lying then? He/she is a fraud? Does it apply to every other innocent person turned down for PIP based on lies...!???!? I don't care that this thread is nearly 5 months old, the same person keeps going round the internet on these forums attacking people, being negative with every word they say, shutting them down like she has a God given right to do so. You're not giving advice, you're being bi***y, and deliberately trying to break people's spirits when they are confident or hopeful about something, something you have no jurisdiction or inside knowledge over, nor any right to give your two pence worth of an attempt of an opinion/advice. 

I'm more annoyed that the moderators on this site keep allowing her to get away with it, and the abuse to continue, yet on previous posts have stated not to make personal digs at other site users. JO2907 and Yadnad, I hope this hasn't put a dampner on your spirits using this site.
    Think a lot of us are starting to show signs of this, some more than others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_addiction_disorder
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lexxus16
    I am sorry to hear you are unhappy, but I can't seem to see which posts or member you are referring to? 
    If you feel a member or a post is breaking our guidelines, then please press the flag button under the post and we will deal with it.
    If you'd like to discuss this further then please email us on community@scope.org.uk
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.