Do steroid injections help with pain? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do steroid injections help with pain?

2»

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    1986, 60 mg a day for 3 years , followed two years later, by another 2 years of 60 mg a day, resulted in a diagnosis of osteoporosis 15 years laters. All I will say is monitor the dose. I have had steroid injections in my shoulders, and even my thumb joints. They work,-but... And there is always a but where medication is concerned. 
  • deltablue52
    deltablue52 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    edited November 2018
    Your right there.
    In 1976 I was diagnosed with Grand Mal Epilepsy-(lost job blah blah).
    I was put on phenobarbitone,Epanutin and other drugs.
    About 12 years ago I was referred to a consultant because of leg pain, in the process It was found that I had no vitamin D whatever in my body.
    The damage had been done, I was diagnosed with  osteoperosis, rheuhmatoid arthritis, and  inflammatory arthritis on top of this scoliosis of the spine and diverticular disease  togeather with kidney problems.
     I take heaps of treatment.
    .Ive just retired a year ago, but I try and be positive about my many complex conditions,which come and go-I just think that there are people out there worse off than me---Just dont give up I say.!!(well thats easy for me to say):)
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    I'm seeing a consultant on Tuesday I'm really hoping for an answer instead of just being told try this take these pills and suffer would rather know what I'm suffering from 

Brightness