Night Owls - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Night Owls

Options
2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Mumof2ds Thanks for your reply. Hoped I helped.

You are hanging in there and we as a community always here.  Understand all the foods issues and finding the right balance.

You will be aware of what you need to get yourself sorted and I know we are here.

I hope if you want to ask anything. Some one will advise.

Hope to speak again .

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @thespiceman

Yours and others replies greatly appreciated. 

I felt at home the moment I joined, and am very thankful for the advice and support so far. 

I will ask away should I need helo..Thanks everyone. XX 

Pip X (I am a  Phillipa, but Pippa, then Pip over the years, but P X on here to avoid  confusion with PIP. ??) XX 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • victoriafinney
    victoriafinney Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    I suffer from "painsomnia"which is a pop culture term for being kept awake by chronic pain. I take temazepam and cbd to knock me out cold so I can rest. Otherwise my Ptsd and bipolar are affected and my mental health spirals. 

The cbd helps with my pain although I recognise it does not help everyone (and would stress that  I am not a GP. If thinking of trying a health food suppliment such as cbd or a vitamin do some reading about it and talk to your doctor as well) and helps mestay asleep rather than knocking me out. Also no fuzzy head in the morning. Side benefit - severe anxiety was also treated well by cbd and I have permission to wean off pregabelin (always talk to your provider befor e stopping any prescribed drug, there are safe and unsafe ways to do it and there is always the possibility that you are not as well as you think you are).

I find a low fat, meat free diet, with those medicines helps a lot. Alongside regular bedtimes. Comfy bed. Quiet time last thing. Mindfulness. And of course taking neccesary painkillers to ensure that you are as painfree as is safe. I take prescribed codeine and paracetamol for PsA pain.

I cannot drink coffee as it sends my normally low heart rate and blood pressure soaring in mere minutes so I couldn't tell you if avoiding it helps me sleep. Mostly avoiding it hel ps me not have a heart attack!

I am up late most nights as I wake frequently right now due to a very painful right shoulder. If I move I wake up in severe pain and must g et up. Rub hot cream on my shoulder. Take painkillers (which have generally worn off by then) and generally drink some warm milk or herbal tea. So... You'll see more of me at silly times if you occasionally pull all nighters.

We can reminisce about the glory days! When we got to sleep at reasonable times and slept til lunch on our days off work! maybe thinking about good sleep will make us feel slightly less strung out!

Or maybe not....
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds good this cbd. I have a friend who vapes it for chronic pain and he swears by it.
  • Marvin58
    Marvin58 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hello any one else awake?
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness