Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

pigeon55
pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
Recently had an assessment at home and didn't recive any points for loss of hearing and tintinus. This was diagnosed  at my local nhs hospital and states tinnitus in both ears and 30% earing loss. Should this score points on pip descriptor. 

Comments

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya pigeon55,
    Good morning, I’m not one of the experienced/ knowledgeable people on here, but what I will say and all these people I’ve just mentioned will also say,it’s not your illness/ condition/ disability that they award points for.
    You are awarded points for how the illness/condition/ disability affects you in your daily life.
    Im sure that at least one of the experienced people will give you some valuable advise and explain in more detail to what I’ve said and to help you if you go for an MR.
    Good luck and I hope I’ve helped a little to understand the process.???
  • Gwendoline1
    Also pigeon maybe you should have posted it as a heading containing pip assessment. 
  • Gwendoline1
    Sorry pigeon how silly I am, I can see you just have hahaha I was looking at ask an audiologist. Sorry again haha ???
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pigeon55

@Gwendoline1 is absolutely spot on :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • pigeon55
    Thanks for the comments.  I was prescribe the 2 hearing aids because with out them I struggle  to hear conversations with other people. And my tintinus affects my ability to concentrate at my interview at my local cab office I was told in his opinion I should recive 2pts. Was just looking for opinions to see if he was correct. Not that I doubt his opinion. 
  • Gwendoline1
    Hiya pigeon55, 
    You need to look at the bigger picture/ out of the box.
    What the more experienced people on here will say is look at scenarios that affects you in your daily life.
    Im really not the right person to give you advice.
    I hope poppy123456 reads your post, she’s really good at giving strong, structured, honest advice. There are also a number of others on here who’ll equally give brilliant advice too.
    Good luck. ???
  • pigeon55
    Mikehughescq.
    I've worked all my life. Never asked or been given anything. The rules the  dwp set out  rain washed me has I've never had to do this before. So I took advice from. This foram and saw my cab office after my assessment they saw the response of the assement and pointed out that they should have awarded points. Find your reply opposit  to the cab advice.

Brightness