PIP mandatory reconsideration advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration advice

HarryI
HarryI Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all. Wondering if anyone could help.

My son was awarded the full amount of PIP in 2016. March this year he had a review come then another face to face in July.

Well it won't surprise anyone that it came back last week and he was awarded 0 points and it was fill of things that didn't happen in the assessment like him talking fine despite us doing all the talking while he was mute in his wheelchair.

We phoned straight up to ask for the mandatory reconsideration.

So we've wrote the letter and got all his evidence copied ready to send. But I'm reading different things on how best to send it. 

Some places are saying don't send it signed for or next day special delivery as nobody will be there to actually sign and it could delay it getting to the right department.  While others are saying you should send it like that. 

Any tips on what is best? I'd honestly prefer that next day by 1pm guarantee option with Royal Mail just so I know where it is.

If it matters the address on his letter is.

personal independence payment 3
mail handling site a
wolverhampton
WV98 1AD

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I sent mine recorded delivery 
    I know they received it it was signed for
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Next day delivery signed for by 1pm is not needed and a waste of money, as you said it will be signed for by someone from royal mail and not DWP so doesn't mean a thing.  Proof of posting is fine. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Cant wait to read replys to this.

• Debs55
    Debs55 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    I think for peace of mind send it recorded delivery then you have proof of sending, it’s worth the money.
    i also went to my local Mp and got her office to email it direct to th DWP which the DWP acknowledged the very next day. They also posted a copy for me free of charge. It’s worth asking your MP to help.
    hope this helps
    debs
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Debs55 said:
    I think for peace of mind send it recorded delivery then you have proof of sending, it’s worth the money.
    i also went to my local Mp and got her office to email it direct to th DWP which the DWP acknowledged the very next day. They also posted a copy for me free of charge. It’s worth asking your MP to help.
    hope this helps
    debs
    UUmm, I am on first name terms with my MP and to be honest when it comes to anything to do with welfare and DWP benefits he doesn't see the need to intervene. His general attitude is that "work is the answer to malingering!"

I hope that you get a better one!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.