Chronic pain in lower back and spasms — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain in lower back and spasms

Options
Kingk
Kingk Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hi all  I'm a new member here I have lots of chronic pain in my lower back I have a Nero stimulator fitted like a TENS machine which is shocking me constantly I would like to know if anyone gets loads of spasms and lots of flare ups if so how do you get through because I'm having so much difficulty and ending up in hospital having loads of morphine. 

Comments

• Eadiesmummy1
    Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    Hello. so sorry that you are in so much pain. I dont suffer but my cousin did before she passed away last month. She used to attend physiotherapy and was referred by her GP. she also took opiate based painkillers which were on repeat prescription. Try speaking to your GP to see if they can change any medications or dosages for you x 
  • Kingk
    Options
    Thank you for that I will talk to my doctor tomorrow as I am going to see him.
    and I will say to about seeing a Physiotherapy and see if I can do the Hydrotherapy in the pool and if he can suggest anything as well and look at my medication
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great start! You might like this post from @veriterc about hydrotherapy pools :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    I have lots pf spasms i have Cervical Dystonia which causes spasms in my neck shoulders jaw and throat. Also have Spine problems just had a spinal decompression surgery, now i have another problem in my spine so more surgery.
    I also suffer from Fibromyalgia all of my illnesses cause me Chronic pain im worn out with it.
    Hope you get some relief soon.
  • Kingk
    Options
    Jesus sounds awful with all you're going through I hope you get to the end of this as well.
    But to me it just seems never ending and nothing seems to sort the problem out and when you doctor tell you that you just got to dill with it now as that is you.? So I feel like a 90 old in a 46 years old body. 

Brightness