Thank You and Farewell - Good Luck for the Future — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thank You and Farewell - Good Luck for the Future

Peasmold_01
Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
edited November 2018 in Transport and travel
"Stop being a critic and be a light; don't be a judge, be a model". (Sean Covey) "Criticism is an indirect form of self-boasting" (Emmet Fox) If the cap fits, wear it. 

It has been a delight to read and offer an opinion or just a comment. I have received good advice, I have read exceptional advice from knowledgeable forum members. However, I have better things to do, in life (An LLB OU course for one) than argue the toss about a few words by Mark Twain, or justify a snippet of a comment that contained no definitive statement of fact, but was tempered with the word, possibly. 

So, I wish you all good luck for the future. Keep fighting for your rights, because very few other people will. Hold the government and their servants to account. 

Best wishes

J Peasmold Grunthuttock

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Soo sorry you feel you have to leave the forum, many posters post their views and opinions that you or I don’t agree with or even wrong unhelpful Infomation. The point it is a forum for everyone to send their opinions,views and helpful information, it’s up to you, me or other lndeviduals to read and make our own minds up regarding the post. So I will say sorry now if I have posted anything that has been unhelpful or offensive to any forum members.
  • GalDriver
    GalDriver Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Good luck for the future and with your OU course. What is LLB (law??) 
  • Peasmold_01
    Bachelor of Law degree
  • GalDriver
    GalDriver Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Ah, that'll keep you out of mischief! Good luck.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Will it help disabled people 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    You will always find someone on an internet forum that you either disagree with or don't like. This is something we all have to deal with, if we use places like this.

Most forums have an ignore feature, where you can simply choose to ignore those people that you have a problem with. They will still be able to see your comments but you won't be able to see theirs. We all have our own opinions on what's right or wrong.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Peasmold_01
    I don't disagree with your comments. They are valid, however, it is not the disagreeing with certain forum members comments, it is the tone, the holier than thou attitude, and above all the contempt with which some forum members treat others. I respect you. You are the basis of my comments about knowledgeable and expert advice.

C'est la vie, I must move on. Thank you. Peasmold.
  • Peasmold_01
    To answer Misscleo said:
    Will it help disabled people 

Yes. When the Community Law Centre solicitor helped me win my appeal, because I had prepared nearly all of my statements as legal documents (I have a little experience from when I was in business) he commented that I could make a good advocate. Thus, I looked at the OU, and started my degree course in October. I will, at sometime in the future, return, with hopefully, more knowledge, than I have now. 
  • Peasmold_01
    I am not sorry if I ruffled your feathers. However  I have never abused the English language, please, in keeping with your usual eloquence, enlighten me. What on earth is 'dissing' ? Is it text speak, or possibly a word used in your supposedly enlightened circles? Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, can I please remind everyone that this is a friendly community of support, we appreciate not all members will get along, but can I ask that we all behave in a courteous manner.  If you don't want to talk to another member, you can use the ignore function.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Peasmold_01
    Sam_Scope said:
    Hi, can I please remind everyone that this is a friendly community of support, we appreciate not all members will get along, but can I ask that we all behave in a courteous manner.  If you don't want to talk to another member, you can use the ignore function.

May I apologise if I have 'overstepped the mark', with my comments, acerbic or otherwise. I believed this forum to be democratic. Thus, I thought I was making, democratically, valid points, before I left the community.

My last comment on the matter is this. Esther McVey resigned, as Secretary of State for Works and Pensions, this morning. Good news all round. She considered her position! 
    'Leadership is not a popularity contest; it's about leaving your ego at the door. The name of the game is to lead without a title.' Robin S. Sharma

Brightness