Oldham Versus Arthritis Group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Oldham Versus Arthritis Group

disabledkenny1
disabledkenny1 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
We will meet once a month from 1 - 4 pm to Socialize, Help & Support People with Arthritis in Oldham Borough
Our first meeting on Thursday 29th August 2019 at Oldham Library and Lifelong Learning Centre, Room 2, Greave Street, Oldham, OL1 1AL.

Socialize with other people with arthritis on a monthly basis we will do hobby& crafts & have a chat to share experiences & general chit chat!
We provide information on different types of arthritis
Information & signposting on social service assessments for care packages
Information & signposting on Community Occupational Therapy assessment to stay in homes to live an independent life
Information & signposting to people with regards benefits, allowances

Our Groups:

Comments

• disabledkenny1
    edited November 2018
    Hi I set up Oldham Disabled People & Elderly Support Group in June this year & we only have a few members & we are looking for a secretary so that we can become a legal constitutioned group as we have 2 committee members myself as Chairman & a lady who is treasurer, we meet every first Wednesday of every month from 12.30 - 2 pm at St Herberts Court, Wellington St, Chadderton, OL9 0JD.

I run this group on Facebook & meet once a month with members, our aims & objectives are: 
    Help & Support Physically, Sensory Impairment, Mental Health & Over 50’s Problems in Oldham Borough.

To help with Medical Conditions
    Information &  Advice on Social Service Assessments for Care packages
    Information &  Advice on Social Services Occupational Therapy Assessment to stay in homes to live an independent life
    Help & give information to people with regards benefits, allowances & pensions

To provide information about medical conditions
    help to find a proper diagnosis of any type of disability 

To help people get help & give information for Social Service Assessments for a care package, explain how to go about the assessment process & who to contact.

To provide advice & support for a home assessment to keep an independent life.

To help & give information people through the benefits, allowances & pensions process, to give advice & give the right contact details.

We welcome anyone who has disabilities & people over the age of 50, family, friends & carers.
    If you or your members can help with the running of this group I would be extremely grateful.

You can contact me here or the groups Facebook page or email on [removed by moderator] Kenny Fletcher - Chairman.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing this, @disabledkenny1. I've removed the email address with it being your personal one, but people are welcome to get in touch. Hope you find somebody!
  • disabledkenny1
    Hi mikehughescq thanks I will I appreciate the advice, I never thought about that, take care Kenny.
  • disabledkenny1
    Our email is OldhamDisabledPeopleandElderlySupportGroup@mail.co.uk
  • disabledkenny1
    Our new email is ODPAESG@gmail.com

• Cool_Lady11
    Cool_Lady11 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Please can you help me I have been offered a bungalow in sheltered accomodation by Housing 21 in Lees Oldham I am a Disabled lady wheechair user age 70. I contract3d poiio age 2 years of age.
    18 months ago I moved to wigan into a religious care home but the volume of Dementia patients has increased a lot since I moved in I lived in Oldham for over 20 years before moving to the care home and I desperately want move out and live independantly as living in the care home is very depressing Housing 21 will not let me have the keys to the Bungalow unless Oldham Social Services have agreed to committ to a personal care package for me.
    And they havnt done this yet. I am so miserable living here its like living in a psychiactric Hospital I have not been diagnosed with a mental health illness. 
    I have a daughter who lives in Oldham and she is not well I want to nearer to her.
    I have 2 Doctors letters a social worker from wigan and a wigan MP but to no avail.
    I really do hope you can help me.
    Thank you
    Regards 
    Elsie Kirk
  • disabledkenny1
    Hi Cool_Lady11, I think you need to get the Oldham Social Services to assess you may be at your daughters, as I doubt they will travel to Wigan, also will help if you get a letter from your GP, but the social services in Wigen should have arranged all this for you as that is what they are getting paid for, maybe phone CAB up & see if they can advise you, failing that Welfare Rights, hope this helps, when you finally move please come to our group meetings which are first Wednesday of every month, also you can join our facebook group as we could chat more there as there every day, in August the last Thursday of every month I am running Oldham Versus Arthritis Group so if you have arthritis you could come along that is at the Oldham libuary in room 2, I hope you soon get it sorted, I am waiting for a bigger bungalow as in a small roomed bungalow in Chadderton & I got a big electric wheelchair that is damaging all walls & furniture, been waiting since October they offered me a bungalow in Sholver but did not fancy being snowed in over the winter, take care Kenny x.
  • disabledkenny1

We will meet once a month from 1 - 4 pm to Socialize, Help & Support People with Arthritis in Oldham Borough
    Our first meeting on Thursday 29th August 2019 at Oldham Library and Lifelong Learning Centre, Room 2, Greave Street, Oldham, OL1 1AL.

Socialize with other people with arthritis on a monthly basis we will do hobby& crafts & have a chat to share experiences & general chit chat!
    We provide information on different types of arthritis
    Information & signposting on social service assessments for care packages
    Information & signposting on Community Occupational Therapy assessment to stay in homes to live an independent life
    Information & signposting to people with regards benefits, allowances

We are looking for a free or cheap venue with tea & coffee making facilities in Oldham Town Centre, if you know of any please email Kenny Fletcher on the email below, also if joining our friendly group.

Our Groups:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1899492896765957/
    & https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/oldham-versus-arthritis-group

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.