I can’t take the pain anymore — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I can’t take the pain anymore

Options
CPfighter1990
CPfighter1990 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi all

I am in pain 24/7, I’ve had 24 operations in 28 years. I’m on a morphine type patch that my carer changes once a week. The problem is I don’t know where the pain is coming from so I can’t pin point. I’m on a waiting list for the pain team. What does everyone do when in pain that won’t go away? 

Comments

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @CPfighter1990 I'm also waiting for an appointment from the pain clinic. It takes over your life I'm trying relaxing music and meditating not working so well for me. Hopefully others have better ideas 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    It takes time but you learn to live with and minimise it as much as possible. I wear Fentanyl patches (3 totalling 125 microgrammes per hour) which I am told is the guideline beyond which the side-effects are worse than the pain. Personally I wish I could show just how wrong these people are but that cannot happen. My ongoing and progressive neural pain is the worst though and is aggravated by any walking but I either move and suffer or don't and starve or die of thirst, so I put up with it. I explain this to care professionals but they will never understand. I have tried ALL the neural pain killers and the 2 effective ones make me vomit which merely aggravates the pain further. I am not allowed care because I reported a Social Worker when she made some stupid mistakes due to lack of training and now they will never allocate me another and therefore no care either. I really do not care about this as their support was always useless anyway.

There is a physical limit at which the pain simply cannot be felt any more above a certain level and the Pain Clinic can teach methods to reduce the pain generated. This may not be much to hang onto but there is little else I can suggest.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cbt therapy? Distraction techniques? Cbd oil?  Good luck

Brightness