I have a teenage daughter with autism and dyslexia and I'm struggling to cope. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have a teenage daughter with autism and dyslexia and I'm struggling to cope.

Dezzi
Dezzi Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2018 in Autism and neurodiversity
I am hoping to find some advise or support. I have a teenage daughter with autism and dyslexia and I'm struggling to cope. We just moved house, and it's tipped my daughter's touching issues, literal understanding and fear of changes over the edge. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dezzi

Good Evening & Welcome ?

Here’s some info for you below: 

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/families/diagnosis/autism

Please please let me know if I can help you further???? 
  • Dezzi
    Thanks Steve, I have read the info, so much is part of daily life, I guess I'm hoping maybe a parent in a similar situation as me, having moved house, in our case, having been given a house to be able to get away from neighbourhood harassment, might be able to offer some insight. I suppose just knowing it will get better would help right now. Thanks for answering and offering help Steve ?
  • steve51
    Hi @Dezzi

I am so sorry about my first reply!!!!!!

I do hope that this will be better!!!!!!

http://community.autism.org.uk/

Please please let me know if there’s anything else that I can need help with???????
  • Dezzi
    Gosh, please don't apologise Steve, no need to at all, I'm very grateful for your help. Your second link is very helpful, and led me to find quite a lot of useful info. Things reached crisis point over the last few hours, but thankfully I reached out to get help and my mental health worker finally realized we are not doing ok. She's due to visit in the morning, 9 am, and will be hopefully getting through to the right people to help my daughter's, I have another daughter needing support after an attempted overdose a month ago, as well as my autistic daughter, who is also suicidal currently, and also helping me in the process. So, as you can see, we are in a bit of a mess right now. Thank you again for your help Steve, it helped so very much ?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dezzi, and a warm welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear things are tough at the moment. You may like to check out our Ask An Autism and Aspergers Advisor and our Parents and Carers discussions to connect with others in similar circumstances. If we can be of any assistance in the meantime, do let us know!
  • steve51
    Hi @Dezzi

Thanks, Wow can I please offer you some more help/support???

I am more than happy ? to give you my time to help you further in any that I can????

Please please let me know if I can help you further?????
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Dezzi Sorry to hear things are not good.  Hope we as a community can help and support.

Have you contacted The National Autistic Society and have a very informative website.

Have helpline 020 7833 2299.

Email nas@.org.uk.

Wish you all the best. Please ask if we can advise on anything.

Pleasure to meet you

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness