Finding myself — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding myself

abad75
abad75 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2018 in Work and employment
hi, can anyone help me  to find myself again after been dismissed from your 2013 for gross misconduct on one off incident that would change everything to nothing. After working in NHS for 10 years as a nurse. I believe im the unluckiest person in the NHS that didn't give any option to stay in work due to my disability. I tried so many support organization but failed. Im totally lost and don't know what to do?

Comments

• DavidJohn1984
    DavidJohn1984 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    I always wanted to work in the NHS till all the budget cuts in this country. Have you tried posting looking for support in here?
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Hi @abad75 and welcome , sorry to hear what your going through, can not be easy for you , but you have come to the right place . X
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Would you kind telling us a bit more about yourself so we can see how we can help you please? Welcome 
  • abad75
    abad75 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi defib I’m Philip Abad 43 of age got disability mentally and physically with impaired hearings both ears that my manager comment I have difficulty of communication who’d she aware. I  I live in camden a nurse in profession and work in NHS 10years after they dismissed me it’s very difficult for me look for a job because of my previous employer gave me a unsatisfactory reference for the job been offered in other hospitals. All the hard work  and waiting from exam and interview in which I’ll be honest. Now I lost my confidence to go back to work. I believe my dismissal is unfair due to dismissed me without waitng for the investigation of Nursing Midwifery Counvil I’m not guilty or no case to answer. Which give me back my registration. From the day I lost my job my house become homeless and immune system deteriorates due to stressed and financial problems. 
    The disciplinary procedure is due to my arrest at home that my x bf had an argument went to jealousy and set me up so I’ll be in trouble. I was neg drug test at d police station and was shock and sign the police caution which the solicitor advise but it was wrong and it’s to late. It’s one off incident privately not related to work.  Which add to my case that social worker disclosed to my employer without informing me bec of not attending to her session. Please help me. I missed the deadline for employment tribunal. Not sure if I can brought forward to judicial review so I can get back my job and life. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hi @abad75, and welcome!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you've had a really difficult time lately.

Whilst we'll support and advise where we can, unfortunately we're not legal experts and so may not be able to fully advise on this issue. If you were to seek legal support, you may find Scope's page on finding legal help useful.

Alternatively, it may be worth making an appointment at your local Citizens Advice to see if there's anything else they could recommend?

Brightness