recovery deals? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

recovery deals?

chattymossman
chattymossman Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
Hi i was wondering if anyone has information on any discount available by the rac etc for blue badge holders.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    None that I am aware of but if you are a member it may payback to disclose to your company that you are a disabled driver.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    A google search found this. No idea if it's cheaper.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stephenjohn
    stephenjohn Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Ring them and tell them you can get it at half price from green flag .........they will give you a sizeable discount ,be persistent.......love and hugs 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    There are two types of cover generally available, either they will cover a specific vehicle or the member travelling in any car
    Be aware that some companies don't cover older cars
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • chattymossman
    chattymossman Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
    Thanks for answers to my question going to cancel and look for a new customer which better than just renewing I think.
  • SteveE
    SteveE Community member Posts: 88 Pioneering
    Some time has passed on this thread for sure, but we have a related query. We're looking for recommendations (good or bad) from those folks who already have purchased breakdown insurance for their vehicle. Ours is the larger type of wheelchair accessible vehicle with a manual ramp at the back. We've looked at three (AA, RAC, Green Flag) and wonder if folks have experience of these. Green Flag looks favourite at the moment. Oh, and we normally do a trip to Ireland (Republic) each year, often via Belfast, so would also need 'European' breakdown cover. Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for any comments you may have. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @SteveE and thanks for reaching out, in my own experience, I use a comparison website to compare different insurance quotes, and see which is the best fit for me all round. Have you decided on one yet? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SteveE
    SteveE Community member Posts: 88 Pioneering
    Hello @SteveE and thanks for reaching out, in my own experience, I use a comparison website to compare different insurance quotes, and see which is the best fit for me all round. Have you decided on one yet? :) 
    Thanks for that. I have used car insurance comparison sites in the past but find they rarely compare the fine detail, just the cost of the upfront basic cover. In the present query, I'm after car breakdown cover and comparisons are equally difficult, especially the small print. What exactly do they mean by a 'replacement car' for instance - what they offer varies greatly (although not a good example for us as it would not be easy to replace a customised WAV, so getting us off the road to a safe place is vital).

Just wondered if other folks have found anything useful.

Steve

Brightness