GCSE DT Project Research — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GCSE DT Project Research

alibutler1
alibutler1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Dear all
My son is in Yr 11 and is taking his GCSE's this year.  One of his subjects is DT and his major design project this year is to design something which would help someone with a disability.  He is currently undertaking the research for this project and part of this is to ask people who could benefit from something he designs. He has written a short survey asking 4 or 5 questions and we would be very grateful if some people could take a couple of minutes to complete his survey to provide him with some data for this part of his project.

The questions can be completed here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/35V6K8Q
Thank you
Alison

Comments

• newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Here is an even shorter survey for you, Alison, and for your son, and for his teacher, if that was the person responsible.

Consider a mixed group of adults, with all the myriad varied problems and  complexities of any human life, multiplied by the extra difficulties arising from the millions of factors involved in having any combination of the thousands of mental and physical disadvantage.   

Now consider the proposition that some kid's schoolteacher is permitting pupils to take the insulting lazy assumption that the word 'disabled' means 'wheelchair user'.

Now consider the enormity of the display of ignorance, lack of imagination and obvious contempt revealed in the notion that all those poor little cripples have just been sitting around for all these decades, waiting for a DT child to come along and 'solve' their lives for them, apparently by inventing a table top they can cart around wherever they go.

Survey question 1. Are you ashamed? 

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't use a wheelchair, but I didn't understand question one anyway. So I couldnt take part.
  • Sandiie
    Sandiie Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Q1 ????? Do you encounter what?? Is part of question 1 missing?? 
  • alibutler1
    alibutler1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My apologies regarding Q1.  I have amended the question so hopefully it now makes sense
  • TLC11
    TLC11 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    All done left your son a few ideas maybe of some help and also maybe a condition he has not thought about but from what i pick up could be useful for more then one thing. Fingers crossed and keep us posted with how he does 

Brightness