LEGAL AID FOR PIP TRIBUNALS. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LEGAL AID FOR PIP TRIBUNALS.

Catastrophe
Catastrophe Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
This link might help those who have had their PIP refused.  By the way you are entitled to know the full name and job title of the person who assesses you.  Nurses can be checked out on the Royal College of Nursing Website Registration.  You might be lucky you might not but generally speaking, I think getting a Solicitor to help you via Legal Aid will only be possible at the Upper Tribunal level.  If turned down you should phone up and ask for a Mandatory Re-consideration which can be done over the phone.  If you are still refused you can Appeal either by a special form OR by letter to HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre, PO Bo 1203, Bradford BD1 9WP for England and Wales.  Different for Scotland, HMCTS  SSCS Appeals Centre Scotland, PO Box 27080, Glasgow G2 9HQ.  Best to get some medical report from a GP or Community Psychiatric Nurse or some other Health Care Profession to back up your case.  Personally I am not at all happy about taxpayers money being paid over to private companies. It is our GPs who see us and is best placed to say how our mental and physical disabilities effect our daily lives.  Good luck.  Here is the link:  https://www.talaw.org.uk/legal-help-with-benefit-appeals-and-reviews/

Comments

• charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    I have the name of my assessor, but no grade, nor address of where she lives.  Will I still be able to se if she is registered?
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @Catastrophe,
    iv just posted on the other thread you wrote, you’v just answered my question regarding rights to know the ID of your assessor.
    Thanks for the info 
  • Ann1
    Ann1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I am waiting for tribunal now for pip I can’t get a GP letter as he is useles and they don’t write letters unless pip asks, I don’t know what to do anymore to find help for this. Is there anyway you can help me 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Personally I am not at all happy about taxpayers money being paid over to private companies. It is our GPs who see us and is best placed to say how our mental and physical disabilities effect our daily lives. 
    I have no idea how you can think that your GP is best placed to say how your mental and physical disabilities effect your daily life?

Does your GP actually live with you?

If not, he/she can only say if you have told him/her. If that is the case then your GP is only as good as repeating what you have said to them which is not evidence.

I also was not happy about taxpayers money being paid over via legal aid in order to provide legal/professional assistance for the public to claim more money in the form of benefits from the taxpayers. I agree that when/if a case gets as far as the Upper Tribunal then yes legal advice should be sought.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.