I need help supporting my partner — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need help supporting my partner

lianechad85
lianechad85 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi please can u help my partner suffers from suffer mental health and has problem and was advice to come to u my partner's anxiety go through most days over even littlest things and at the moment we are living in a small 2 bed flat with are 4 children me and friends and family help with the children and things little shop budgeting and paying bills to relieve so stress from her cause when u forgets thing's which happens a lot it makes her mental health 10 times worse and we don't have sofas and we don't even have a proper bed to sleep on mattress on the floor and with he other illnesses like her bad knees and back she barely wants to get out of bed cause it's to much pain trying to get of the floor only wen she needs the toilet and I help he do that so I was wonder if there is any grants to help with the things she needs to help her 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lianechad85 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are going through.  Please can I ask what support are you getting for the mental health?

I know this is difficult to deal with as I myself have anxiety and depression.  On suggestion I recommend is speaking to a mental health charity. Either look on line or I would consider looking at this one I have added the details.

Called Richmond Fellowship have what they call a recovery programme. Deals with strategies and coping methods to deal with mental health. They can and do help with many issues your partner be suffering from. Plus advise on benefits, housing and anything else.

https:// wwwrichmondfellowship.org.uk.

I know I used them and did a lot for me.

I also include a list of organisations which can provide some further advice and support could be useful to contact regarding your housing problems.

Hope that helps.

We are a friendly, community. Supportive, care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lianechad85 welcome to the community! Sorry for what you all are going through. @thespiceman has given some great links to check out! Are you looking to move into a new property?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lianechad85, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. It sounds like you've been going through a lot as a family at the moment and I hope we can direct you towards the help you need. You've had a great response above from @thespiceman so do have a look at those links, and you can also search for other grants here. It may also be worth having a look at the online benefits calculator, to see if there's anything you may be eligible for.

Do you have any support or help as a carer? It sounds as though you're coping with a lot, and it's so important to make sure you're taking good care of yourself too. Carers UK are a brilliant organisation that may be worth getting in touch with. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can!

Brightness