Finding a suitable mattress, sleep and pain issues — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding a suitable mattress, sleep and pain issues

Options
janet1944
janet1944 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
help Anyone I am now on my fourth mattress in 4years, latest Tempur. Has anyone found a magic mattress that people with PN can actually sleep on. 3hours 57mins, Of broken sleep is the norm. I imagine weightlessness in water would be ideal if possible. Thank you janet1944 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @janet1944, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about your pain, it must be really tough to deal with and your quality of sleep can have such a big impact too. Hopefully our other members will be able to share their tips, and I also found some information online. The website is for an American service, but they share the following tips:

• Firm mattresses can reduce the surface area of your body that touches the mattress.
    • Avoid stimulants such as caffeine that can make you restless at night.
    • Elevate sheets and blankets so they don’t come in contact with your skin throughout the night. Check out this blanket support sold on Amazon that can lift your sheets and blankets, giving you the comfort of warmth during the night, but alleviating pressure on your feet and legs.
    • Limit naps and downtime so you can have a deep, restful sleep.
    • Take nighttime showers or baths early enough so the body can cool down before bedtime.

There are also some more general tips for sleep issues on this Scope page. Hope this helps!

Brightness