HNC Student asking for a quick survey — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HNC Student asking for a quick survey

StephenMc1974
StephenMc1974 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
HI all

My name is Stephen McAloney and I am currently studying an HNC in Sports Coaching & Development at West College Scotland and for coursework I am to submit a project relating to Sport & Leisure.

Being very hard of hearing myself, the topic, that I have a real interest in, I chose is to establish if anyone who has a physical disability (of any kind) face barriers when looking to join a leisure club or even face barriers at one already joined and as such have created a quick survey and hoping that I can get a few results back.  Barriers mentioned relate to adequate facilities, transport or even perceptions of what may make it harder for people to join.

I know from my own experience that the barriers I faced were mostly social due to being scared of conversation, discussions, listening to class instructors or having to ask any kind of question and being put in that awkward position.  Now fitted with a BAHA it is so much easier for me.

The survey itself, takes less than 3 minutes as it is very basic and straightforward.  The results are completely anonymous and it is the first survey I have ever done, so apologies if you feel I may have missed any type of answer or question that would relate to you.

I really hope that some of you would be so kind to take a few minutes by clicking the link to Survey Monkey below.  Please do drop me a line if you would like any questions answered or just to know more.

Thanking you in advance for any assistance beforehand and every reply will be of great benefit to my HNC coursework.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MPX2GMM

Update: I have had some very nice comments from my first post and thank you to all those who have taken the time so far to complete the survey.  A thanks to Pippa at Scope for a link to another Scope article regarding my topic.

Many thanks
Stephen

Comments

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.