Hi, my name is greengiant18! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is greengiant18!

Options
greengiant18
greengiant18 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Been going through the mill lately, just feel so bloody depressed

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @greengiant18 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Please sorry to here this.

Please can I advise. Understand if this. I have mental health issues.

I am here as well the community. Feel the need to talk to some one.  Best advice is to speak to The Samaritans . have and do call them myself.  Does help.

You can call on 116 123.

One other suggestion I have is are you receiving any support for your mental health.

I got involved with a charity called Richmond Fellowship. Have a recovery programme. You can self refer. Please have a look at there website.

https://wwwrichmondfellowship.org.uk.

Often sometimes we need to ask for help and support with our mental health.

I am an old fashioned gentleman wrapped up in my little world and need to suddenly realise that I need to ask for some guidance and support. Understand and did contact this charity after so many knock backs.

I am one of the team of community champions on the site and making sure we can offer guidance, support. information.

Please ask if we can advise. Some one will know.

Want to chat and feel not lonely always some here anytime.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @greengiant18, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling low lately. As @thespiceman says, we're a friendly bunch, and I hope it helps to know you're among others who understand and will support you. If we can be of any assistance, do let us know!
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @greengiant18

It’s great to meet you today!!!!!

I’m one off the “Community Champion’s” on here.

Please let me know if you need any help getting around?????
  • greengiant18
    Options
    Thank you guys , feels nice to have some place to discuss stuff outside your immediate family. Takes a bit of stress off in one way or another. Thank you again!
  • greengiant18
    Options
    Hello @greengiant18 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Please sorry to here this.

Please can I advise. Understand if this. I have mental health issues.

I am here as well the community. Feel the need to talk to some one.  Best advice is to speak to The Samaritans . have and do call them myself.  Does help.

You can call on 116 123.

One other suggestion I have is are you receiving any support for your mental health.

I got involved with a charity called Richmond Fellowship. Have a recovery programme. You can self refer. Please have a look at there website.

https://wwwrichmondfellowship.org.uk.

Often sometimes we need to ask for help and support with our mental health.

I am an old fashioned gentleman wrapped up in my little world and need to suddenly realise that I need to ask for some guidance and support. Understand and did contact this charity after so many knock backs.

I am one of the team of community champions on the site and making sure we can offer guidance, support. information.

Please ask if we can advise. Some one will know.

Want to chat and feel not lonely always some here anytime.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Not currently no, I also went through this sort of thing when I was in uni but could control it alot more then compared to the past year or two due to personal issues relating to both my parents going through traumatic events during those 2 years so I've helped best I can earlier this year gave up my job in part of only person who could take care of my dad as at the time his mobility was very very limiting due to a drunk driver hitting his car and serverly injuring him and moderately injuring another driver involved , drunk driver whi caused it got off with light cuts and bruises. So fast forward till now, my dad still needs.me for stuff during the day but not too much from say a couple of months ago I still have to do stuff for him, but he's a little but but  mobile now, still uses aids like a rollator and a very very short distance with a stick (still helping him with his physio 3-4 time a week 20-30 mins as well as going to his actual appointments for physio once a fortnight). So wondering If I should get some part time work to contribute more along with seeing if I can get some couciling locally, last time I asked my GP, 19 year old then, I was told a 6 or so months wait, so I'm unsure whether to that or not, but will look at the links provided, thanks very much again. Will explore options for my own wellbeing otherwise I will sink deeper rather than bobbing up.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @greengiant18 Thank you for replying.  Thank you for sharing.

I am sorry what has happened to you and your father. I can and do understand how difficult things are.

One reason I suggested the mental health charity is two reasons. Often in the charity if you contact them. Can through self referral or your Doctors. there are many branches, and sign posting to how they can help.

Also second .

A lot has changed in these charities also many have support workers with all sorts of advice, information to a belter understanding of your self.

Have a recovery programme this includes coping methods and strategies  to deal with your mental health. In a number of ways. Looking at tools used to help. I use these now. Worth looking.  I thought I could cope and it is using the education they provide to deal with this my mental health..

Had my support worker helping me with my benefits, some much needed assistance .  Intervention and other sign posting.

Talking in your post about part time work could and do often have employment advisors or assist with relevant information.  To give you the will to ways into work. All the necessary advice.

Wish you well. We are here as a community to support and give you advice, information.

Please ask.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness