2 weeks snice my esa assessment and DWP have not got back to me? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2 weeks snice my esa assessment and DWP have not got back to me?

beeman1200
beeman1200 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
hi my name is bernard

Comments

• beeman1200
    hi I Bernard I on ESA and DLA and finding it hard to live on then
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beeman1200, and welcome! Is it the amount that you're paid that you're struggling with, or something else? Let us know and we'll do our best to help.
  • beeman1200
    2 weeks snice my esa assessment and DWP have not got back to me?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It can take 2-8 weeks and sometimes longer for a decision. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • liz999991
    liz999991 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    It's has been two weeks also since my ESA assessment not heard anything apparently some ppl are getting replies within two weeks hope it's not much longer 
  • poppy123456
    liz999991 said:
    It's has been two weeks also since my ESA assessment not heard anything apparently some ppl are getting replies within two weeks hope it's not much longer 
    Ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea of the decision. There's no timescales to any decision. Backlogs is just one of the reasons a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • beeman1200
    no its 4 weeks on weds

• poppy123456
    Have you rang to ask for a copy of the assessment report? If not then ring tomorrow. They usually go with the recommendations in the report. There's no timescales for decisions.
  • beeman1200
    After 10 weeks wait the dwp said I got no points despite the fact I was in the work related group  for 3 years and was awarded 15 points at last appeal  and I now have to get UC witch will take 5 weeks with no money to buy food help help help

• poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear this. Your next step is the MR and you need to put your request in writing, stating what you disagree with and which group you think you should be placed into, with your reasons why.

If you claim UC then you won't be able to go back onto ESA. It maybe worth you waiting for the MR decision and if that fails once the Tribunal accept your appeal you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA. As there's at least a 5 week wait for your first payment with UC. Any premiums you were paid on ESA will not be paid on UC.

You really do need face to face advice about this and the MR request.
  • beeman1200
    MR request receive on feb 7 los t today found esa restated and backdated to jan 11 for one year 
  • beeman1200
    took them 8 weeks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.