How many of you do your Christmas shopping online — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How many of you do your Christmas shopping online

AnkyieSpon
AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
I am finding each year I'm doing more online shopping, I know it takes the fun out of Christmas shopping but I can't stand the crowds, being pushed around, the rudeness..... 
Tina 
(Ankyie Spon)
I'm a Pain Warrior

How many of you do your Christmas shopping online 25 votes

Yes
64%
EmmaBthespicemanMarinaxSpibessusan48ShlblyGalDriverChloe_Scopevysvader[Deleted User]Firefly123DoriFishbigjock123[Deleted User]shiwenhejayuk 16 votes
No
4%
CockneyRebel 1 vote
Sone
32%
GeoarkSam_AlumniAmi2301April2018momAnkyieSponAilsXenasMumjaner1967 8 votes

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    edited December 2018
    Sone
    Apologies for typo.... . "Some" have sore hands this morning hit wrong keys & hit send before checking as always 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • mumjac
    mumjac Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Im a big fan of on line shopping , being in a mobility scooter its a nightmare in shops x
  • EmmaB
    EmmaB Community member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    Yes
    I'm a HUGE fan of online shopping all year round!!!
  • GalDriver
    GalDriver Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Yes
    I do virtually ALL my shopping online. Going to shops is no longer fun for me. An electric scooter is often seen as a nuisance plus my fatigue makes it no fun whatsoever! hahaha. We even do grocery shopping online  :) 
  • AnkyieSpon
    Sone
    To me the joy of Christmas shopping has gone. You all know what its like, the pain, the ques, the pushing and shoving for the sales, it just stresses me out and upsets me that I can't do what I used to be able to do.
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    No
    What Christmas shopping ?
    I used to enjoy Christmas when I was a church bell ringer but now I am just glad to wake up any morning. Make every day special
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    Hello @AnkyieSpon Have done this since July signed up and do everything on line.

TESCO went on line early and booked my shopping for the week up to the C word day. Us gents who live alone have and hate the day.

Come on here to bring my sunshine down the line on the day. So any one like myself is not  with any support. Words of comfort.

Besides on line shopping once you logged in every time your favourites.   So this stays on every time. Easy to do click on and that is all done. Started at 6am why not.

Finished by 7 am . Cannot do that at the store.

Great guys deliver it and to the kitchen .Even unpack it. Plus the points make prizes.

By way . My trips turn into a drama as always something happens.

Reason do not shop any more out there.

Especially the continuous repetitive  tunes of Cword day.

Makes want to run for cover. Yes I am life president of the grumpy old man club.

Happy shopping every one.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Yes
    My first year doing most online am in to much pain and not enough energy. Cup of tea and the press of a button so much easier 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sone
    We are buying all our nieces and nephews presents from The Works this year (10 kids) we did get a few items in-store and the rest online. My partner prefers online shopping but I love the nostalgia of Christmas shopping!

Even now in my manual or powered wheelchair, unless the shop isn't accessible then nothing will stop me :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AnkyieSpon
    Sone
    @Ami2301 I love the works. I'm addicted to buying craft bits even though I haven't made anything in ages due to Carpal tunnel  
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Ami2301
    Sone
    What crafts do you like making @AnkyieSpon?
  • AnkyieSpon
    edited December 2018
    Sone
    @Ami2301 I love making things out of old books so the folding pages technique. I've made candles, vases, mosaiced background with have vase made from book and paper flowers then framed, fairy House to name a few oh and Christmas tree of course ? 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Ami2301
    Sone
    Wow they are amazing! 
  • XenasMum
    XenasMum Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Sone
    I've been doing my Christmas shopping online for years now, but I do still enjoy going out to do a bit as I'm a bit of a £1 shop and charity shop addict. I'm just a lot more restricted going out per se 
    Where did you learn the paper folding @AnkyieSpon? It looks brilliant and I'd love to have a go 
  • AnkyieSpon
    Sone
    @XenasMum I found tutorials on YouTube it's amazing what you can learn from YouTube @Ami2301 thank you, it's very relaxing ,what do you do?
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Ami2301
    Sone
    I used to love drawing but due to my Ataxia and poor grip I am unable to do that now. It's an ongoing process in finding something I can do and enjoy :)
  • AnkyieSpon
    Sone
    @Ami2301 I draw too, portraits, have you tried using chunky mechanical pencils? Much easier to grip?
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Ami2301
    Sone
    Not heard of them before, what do they look like?
  • AnkyieSpon
    Sone
    @Ami2301, they are currently out of stock at amazon but I've attached a pic. Buy a few of these then buy different grades of lead or chalk and you'll never have to buy a pencil again. Lyra Ferby made chunky pre school pencil but maybe look directly on their website they might make artist ones. ... If not we've just discovered a gap in the market. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Ami2301
    Sone
    Thanks @AnkyieSpon I will bear that in mind :)

I apologise for your original topic going off subject!

Brightness