Medical — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical

mags37
mags37 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I've been on was support group for 6 years now and am being sent for a medical 
I have a few issues including copd I thought they wouldn't send me for another medical now as it's an illness that clearly will only worsen and wiĺl never get better
I also will have to call and change the appointment as I have a hospital appointment for a scope on the same day  also had 2 iron infusions in the last week and waiting for a letter for a full c.t. scan  (prev had cancer and checking to make sure it hasn't returned)
Also expecting me to travel a fair distance for appointment
Can I ask for one nearer to home ?
Sorry for all the questions just could do without this at the moment
Mags

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Everyone has to be re-assessed at some point and this can be anything from 3 months and you can be re-assessed at anytime.

The only people that don't have to be re-assessed are those that are placed into the severe conditions group. Not everyone is placed into this group and if you are, then the decision will be made after this assessment. If you're placed into this group then your assessments will be turned off and you'll remain in the Support Group. Bare in mind that this doesn't apply to everyone and there's criteria to be placed into this group.

You can ask for an appointment nearer to home yes. A home assessment is also possible, but you'll most likely need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre.

Where ever the assessment takes place you must make sure that you attend. Failing to attend an assessment could stop your benefits.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mags37
    mags37 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi thank you for your reply
    I have spoken to them and need to arrange an appointment 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.