Back to work. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back to work.

messedhead
messedhead Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hey guys, so after being of work and on esa for 13 yrs I'm now ready to go back to work. Today I had my 1st job interview and it got the job! I start on Monday.
So my question is when should I tell DWP? Should I tell them today or should I wait till Friday? Also would I still be entitled to ESA for this week? So as i received a payment today would I receive a last  payment in two weeks time for this week only or would I lose any payments owned from this week.

Comments

• messedhead
    That's Monday next week 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done you, your going to miss the lie inns and do, go any where thing days. It will be a shock to the system. I would inform DWP of your intended return to work and start date and you should be ok. Your main money problem could be if you are paid monthly making your savings last till your first pay day. Great news keep us posted.
  • messedhead
    Thank you, and iv not had a lay in for yrs got little ones lol. This will be working nights to so I'm gussing I'll now actually catch up on sleep as a little monkeys will be at school. The bonus is I get paid weekly now but need to do the 1st week in hand so in reality you should make things even easier. Once iv got my contract (they are just verify my passport first) I'll also contact tax credits tho only just found out I'll be entitled to child tax credits and working tax credits.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,331 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, well done and good luck!

You'll be paid your ESA up until the day before you start work. You should already be claiming child tax credits, so you only need to ring HMRC to report the changes. If you claim housing benefit then you'll also need to report the changes to your local council.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.