The ESA3 form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The ESA3 form

Vampster
Vampster Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Does anyone know if you can do the form over the phone with the dwp...I mean instead of sending the form in...can you do it all on the phone with them... It would be alot quicker than having to send the form in and wait for them to let you know the outcome....

Comments

• herbie1986
    herbie1986 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    You can yes you need to know all the information
  • Vampster
    Thanks Herbie1986..  I just thought it might be a bit quicker.. I have the form & I have filled it in... I just thought it might be quicker via the phone... cheers x
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is unlikely to speed the process up much and you will have little control over what is actually put on the form ( yes I am a bit cynical )
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    As you've already filled them in then you may as well send it back. I agree that ringing them probably won't speed it up. Decisions can take 12 weeks either way.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Vampster
    I have managed to see my neighbour who works for the dwp and she is on the sickness side of the dwp... she said the best thing to do is just send the filled in form back... So I will post it tomorrow...sh s said that the dwp Esa department are behind with things... like three months behind with some esa related things....Thanks all...
  • steveM
    steveM Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hello, simple question please. I have had in excess of £16,000 in bank, for last six weeks only. As my claim is from 2013, can I apply?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    steveM said:
    Hello, simple question please. I have had in excess of £16,000 in bank, for last six weeks only. As my claim is from 2013, can I apply?
    Fill the form in and return it, they'll assess you for the income related top up. Decisions can take 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Royaloak17
    Royaloak17 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hello All. 
    Im in the process of dealing with an ESA 3, I got carers allowance during some of the period under review but the claim was made in my partners name. Where do I stand ? Please?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to declare this as your partner is taken into consideration
    Page 6 is a check box
    Page 7  asks about who you cared for
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Royaloak17
    Royaloak17 Community member Posts: 11 Connected

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.