FASTA PASTA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FASTA PASTA

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every body we all need a quick bite to eat when it is cold .

Simple one pan pasta I called Fasta Pasta.

You need the following blender or food processor. Knife, chopping board one sauté pan and saucepan for pasta, plus boiling kettle.

PASTA SAUCE

In a blender or food processor.  Add tin tomatoes. Tip if with a ring pull . Pull off and use tin opener or unable to do so.  Use upside down other end to open. If you can.

1 onion. diced up roughly.
Garlic Powder.
Dried Basil.
Dried Parsley
Dried Oregano.
A half teaspoon of each.
Chilli optional from a jar. half a teaspoon or less.
Stock cube crumbled in vegetable one.
Squirt of tomato ketchup and tomato puree.

Note if you look on the jars of Pasta sauce in the shops all use dried herbs and garlic or onion powder.

Add optional Paprika to this 1 teaspoon plus another idea you can play with this Recipe  to suit your tastes. In some days add Roasted Red Peppers from a jar drained or Sun dried Tomatoes. 

Blitz up. Touch of water.

Use this sauce now for any pasta recipe.  Into a sauté pan with touch of oil. Warm through about fifteen minutes maybe a little more.

SAUSAGE MEATBALLS

Out of skins of sausages use per person two sausages makes 4 small meatballs. Wet hands and roll into a meatball size. Rustic . Even done this squeezed out of skins into pan with Olive oil.

ONE PAN VEGETABLES

Peppers and Zucchini
Zucchini and Mushrooms
Peas and Mushrooms
My favourite veggie combinations.

Also with the sauce this one can add in tin of cherry tomatoes.

The fun is what have you to use up in the fridge.

Those bacon lardon packs diced or Chorizo.  No rules here.

Left over Chicken  Salami anything for a winter warmer..

Pasta all you need to remember the pan has to accommodate enough room for the Pasta to stir around.

Water has to Bolete means boiling.  Handful of salt not too salty but I use one tablespoon salt.  Add Pasta.

I use Penne, Fusilli, Farfalle.   One handful per person should be enough.  Take a piece out with a slotted spoon should be al dente to the bite slightly given way. Not too soft. Tip use a slotted spoon to remove pasta to a colander with a bowl underneath. Then transfer to the sauté pan and sauce. Also under cook as per instructions pack. So if it says ten minutes I go for eight minutes finish in the sauce.

On a simmer. Add some of the Pasta water drained in the bowl if too thick. Taste your sauce then season. Also the sauce should be coated not fully drenched. Pasta to the sauce not the other way around.

Use Parmesan do not have to here . Use Cheddar but grate into a bowl to portion.  Any hard or melting cheese used. Goats cheese plus another tip those wanting creamy sauce. A dollop of Crème Fraiche. If you wish to.  I use mix of grated Mozzarella and Parmesan just a half teaspoon each. 

Seafood and Prawns do not really use cheese. Grated some cooks do not meant to be cheesy . Reason use Cheese on Pasta is because it is a seasoning.

Hope that helps any body. Once your have mastered the art of doing Pasta make it your own.

Love to hear what you like do keen as always to share,

Bueno Appetito.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You're like our very own community chef! :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sam_Scope Thank you for kind words. Am trying your know to inspire and give those an opportunity to make simple food.

Besides coming into the time of the year. Have care and concern for community members with the weather.

We have been there last year and hope some ideas to assist.

Already getting odd texts from former friends about the big meal on the big day.  Panic is setting in. Might be some ideas to put on. Later.

Speak soon.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness