Pip short — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip short

sclarence88
sclarence88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Basicallly just had my pip assessment yesterday. Had too attend a centre it was horrible. But last 30min or less. She barely looked at me was constantly on the laptop typing as i answered questions. Is that good or bad? That there was lack of eye contact and it was short. She said thats it now as i can see your irratated.

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi sclarence88 and a big welcome to the Scope community. I shouldn't worry about it I would say that quite a long time for an assessment. When I was assessed it only lasted for 15 minutes and I ended up getting full rate. And as for the assessor well there renowned for being rude!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sclarence88, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and well done on getting through the assessment: I know they can be difficult.

Unfortunately it's impossible to predict how an assessment has gone or what the outcome will be, but I'm sure our other members will be happy to offer some guidance and support in the meantime. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.
  • sclarence88
    sclarence88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @gnmeads im currently gettin esa support group so i was advised to try for pip. I had previoisly applied back in 2016 and was awarded 0 points everything they stated was false but that lasted over an hour. Im just confused.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Being in the Support Group for ESA won't help your PIP claim. They are different benefits.

Constantly re-applying isn't the answer either. Using the same evidence you previously used could possibly see anther refusal.

Wait a week and ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent t you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. If you don't agree with the decision then your next step is to ask for a Mandatory reconsideration, then Tribunal if that fails, rather than to keep reappling.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.