Just got my outcome from tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just got my outcome from tribunal

Weedavey72
Weedavey72 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Update on my tribunal outcome

i have just got back from Court and I won the tribunal! 

Ive waited nearly 2 years for this and I was in Court for less than an hour - the DWP didn’t even turn up and the judge, Dr and Disability expert were all lovely. They made the decision after a 5 minute recess, emailed it to the DWP immediately and also advised its backdated to the beginning of the claim....it’s been a nightmare journey but it’s been awarded for 3 years and I’ll focus now on getting better 

Thanks to everyone on here for advice and support, you’ve all been great. 

Good luck to everyone else going through it all

Comments

• donald
    donald Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    congratulations,
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations. It’s nice to hear a uplifting story. Too many people have bad experiences with the system. 
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Congratulations @Weedavey72
    what did u get 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

Ive waited nearly 2 years for this and I was in Court for less than an hour - the DWP didn’t even turn up and the judge, Dr and Disability expert were all lovely. They made the decision after a 5 minute recess, emailed it to the DWP immediately and also advised its backdated to the beginning of the claim....it’s been a nightmare journey but it’s been awarded for 3 years and I’ll focus now on getting better 

You have waited 2 years for it to get to a Tribunal or 2 years since you first made the claim?

At best and assuming that it was November 2016 when you first made the claim, then your award will run out in November 2019. Make sure you ask for a new claim from a few months before the end date.

If however you actually made the claim before November 2016, the three years will run from the date you made the claim.

• Weedavey72
    Weedavey72 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Yadnad said:

You have waited 2 years for it to get to a Tribunal or 2 years since you first made the claim?

At best and assuming that it was November 2016 when you first made the claim, then your award will run out in November 2019. Make sure you ask for a new claim from a few months before the end date.

If however you actually made the claim before November 2016, the three years will run from the date you made the claim.

Hi @Yadnad

I waited 70 weeks from when I applied for the tribunal to my actual court appearance. This was held up by the judge having to re-request information that the DWP has not sent through. In the end the DWP didn’t even attend the tribunal despite the judge having set an order that they must. 

Prior to that I had applied in jan 2017 but they said I didn’t reply with more info by the required date which I had and closed the claim - so my current claim was set by the judge to expire in September 2020 however I will make sure I reapply in plenty of time. 

Thanks 

David
  • gcoakes
    gcoakes Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Well done for fighting for what's right! Congratulations 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.