I have my appeal in the tribunal court on Thursday the 6th of December — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have my appeal in the tribunal court on Thursday the 6th of December

chelle77
chelle77 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI I have my appeal in the tribunal court on Thursday the 6th of December 18 ,this has been in there hands for over a year and even though my doctor has written many letters that I cant go they are forcing me as they said they will just give a no answer if I don't, I feel I have been a victim of metal health and it so real for so many people and that is other reason for going to speak up for the people who are ill and need help and being robbed of this extra money , I used to have a special person in 5 mornings a week to sort things out and prepare tea for my boys and helped with cleaning and washing and my personal hygiene , I haven't had this now for over a year as I couldn't afford her without this income, which has put a massive stain on our daugher ,I was on PIP before and didn't think there would be a problem but there was the lady who came out wrote what she wanted and didn't listen to anything I had to say. So roll on Thursday wish me luck I haven't been out of the house for months , if anyone has any advice would be great 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chelle77 and a warm welcome to the community. I do, of course, wish you the very, very best of luck.
    Others will respond to your message in due course, though things tend to be quiet this late in the evening. I am going to refer your post to our benefits advisors, too, in he hope they might be able to offer you some assistance.
    So sorry you're having such a hard time,
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chelle77, and a warm welcome to the community!

Wishing you all the best for your assessment, and fingers crossed this is the beginning of much easier times for you. Please do let us know how you get on. In the meantime, you may find Scope's page on appealing DWP decisions helpful.

https://youtu.be/2WEvbFVlQOc
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    @chelle77 what’s the update please hope it went well?
  • 70keepgoing
    70keepgoing Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    @chelle77  
    Hope everything went well for you today 
  • chelle77
    Hi I lost in court 
  • chelle77
    I was phoned by the court in the morning saying I didn't have to go due to stress, but the letter I have does say I was to ill to attend 

• affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    @chelle77 what will happen now
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Unless you can appeal on a point of law this is the end of the road
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Act quickly as possible. Request a statement of reasons and a record of proceedings too. Obtain face to face advice regarding your next steps. Did you have a representative or not?
    Get in contact with your local advice centre or law centre immediately. Don’t begin a fresh claim until you have had advice and have stopped panicking about the decision.
    Keep us updated. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this @chelle77, that must have been really disappointing news.

You've had some great advice from our community members about potential next steps, so please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.
  • chelle77
    Thank you so much for all your advice I will look into this, I am just exhausted with it all and my metal state has been very badly affected, it was so unfair that they said no to go as I think they had all ready mad there minds up in the morning, there is so much what isn't true in the advisers report even to the point that I have a daughter and take her to nursery ( I don't has a daughter) only my stepdaughter who is 16 and she has had to change her life to help and cook and clean and its put a strain on her that she now has counselling at school and her grades have suffered.
    The only other thing with a new claim I am now on much more meds and have had a diagnoses of : prominent functional neurological disorder which has affected my right hand its now numb : also narrowing of the exit foramina at c6 of my neck, so root entrapment at this level is contributing to a double crush , carpel tunnel and spondylosis in my neck 
    So do I go down this root or just do a new claim   
  • Pippa_Alumni
    That really is frustrating, @chelle77! I hope you're also making sure you're taking time to recover look after yourself.

I'm tagging in @poppy123456 in the hope she'll be able to offer some input here, as she's well in the know about these things!
  • chelle77
    Thank you Pippa 

• chelle77
    so what should I do !!!!

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Starting a new claim isn't the answer here. A diagnosis, won't help a claim for PIP. Using the same evidence again for another claim will most likely see a refusal again. Take @Username_removed advice and request the above.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Starting a new claim isn't the answer here. A diagnosis, won't help a claim for PIP. Using the same evidence again for another claim will most likely see a refusal again. Take @Username_removed advice and request the above.
    On the assumption that the claimant can access reasonably local face to face advice and assistance from welfare rights. Many areas no longer offer this and those that do have huge queues of people asking the same.
  • Yadnad
    edited December 2018
    @Yadnad I've no idea why you keep peddling this line and what exactly you think it contributes. Much like your experience of fraud is not representative but is coloured by your own vastly skewed experience the same applies to your experience of seeking representation. It is exceptional and simply not an accurate representation of what's taking place. Advice was decimated 5 to 8 years ago. However, over the psst 2 years there is only 1 trend and it's wholly away from web pages and signposting and back towards actual face to face advice and representation. 

The poster on this thread is in fact very unlikely to have a problem obtaining advice or representation in a timely way and I think it's time you've retired your persistent and inaccurate contrary view as well as stop trying to justify it. It is as inaccurate, unrepresentative and wholly unhelpful as ot could be. 
    It is still relevant to this part of the country.
     I have not seen any increase or improvement of welfare rights agencies in the past two years.

Maybe this is happening in some areas of GB and in particular hotspots. But for the South East of England it is still as it was.

Taking away the CAB (which at best is very variable with insufficient staff offering any quality advice, AgeUK who by their own admission can only help to fill out forms, DIAL that no longer supports the South East and DISK whose sole office is in Folkestone, miles away from where I live.

If you could point me in the direction of these 'new and improved' agencies in and around the villages of SE Kent (south Canterbury, north Folkestone) I would be so pleased. Maybe an agency that takes on and represents PIP appeals in the same area.

I am not disputing that some areas will be better represented, but not all areas fall into that category.

Finally as I have said before my local council is actively are not going to support these agencies/charities citing lack of funds for a limited number of people.
    It was only recently the case that a large AgeUK branch that offers hot food daily had to close due to council funding being removed. It did reopen albeit on a limited basis after finding alternative funding. 

As for fraud, I find it difficult to accept that the DWP will just accept what a claimant says without proof being offered. There are many instances where I can see within the system where fraud could easily be carried out.
    I could tell the DWP that I have a genuine condition and after googling the symptoms, tell them that I have everyone one of them then go on to suggest the impact of them. Would the DWP just accept what I write at face value? I hope not.
  • Yadnad
    edited December 2018
    Mike but you are doing the same - assuming based on your knowledge that advice /representation will be available anywhere in Britain (no one knows where the OP lives) because it is available in your area.
    I'm saying that it may not be.as quoting the South East from my knowledge.

Then you suggest that whilst advice was decimated 5 to 8 years ago, over the past 2 years there is only 1 trend and it's wholly away from web pages and signposting and back towards actual face to face advice and representation.

Is that based on your knowledge of your area or of the GB as a whole? No such movement has happened in the South East. 

To suggest to any poster that things are good now in all areas is wrong - there are some areas with little or none whilst others may well be experiencing a boom.

• parisjoans
    parisjoans Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    chelle77 said:
    HI I have my appeal in the tribunal court on Thursday the 6th of December 18 ,this has been in there hands for over a year and even though my doctor has written many letters that I cant go they are forcing me as they said they will just give a no answer if I don't, I feel I have been a victim of metal health and it so real for so many people and that is other reason for going to speak up for the people who are ill and need help and being robbed of this extra money , I used to have a special person in 5 mornings a week to sort things out and prepare tea for my boys and helped with cleaning and washing and my personal hygiene , I haven't had this now for over a year as I couldn't afford her without this income, which has put a massive stain on our daugher ,I was on PIP before and didn't think there would be a problem but there was the lady who came out wrote what she wanted and didn't listen to anything I had to say. So roll on Thursday wish me luck I haven't been out of the house for months , if anyone has any advice would be great 

• parisjoans
    parisjoans Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi I had mine on the 7th .. Dec  they took carers of me for my daughter we was put on universal credit /  for 17 months we had letters of every one / she's been in and out hospital .. Had 3 of them throwing questions for 45 min .,  so humiliating .. In the end the judge said you have won your appeal / and I'm her appointee ., they said we will back date it 17 months .. But they think that's ok now .,  my daughter was I'll so many times they p!ay with ppls lives ..   Now don't no who gets bk pay .. Us both /  or one. When we both got took of it ..  Its discusting .. Hope u was successful ..  They told us when we was there we had won the appeal x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.