Hi I'm new to this — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm new to this

lee578
lee578 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
hi I was getting low rate DLa then it ended and on the 9/2/18 I was turned down for pip then on the 21/11/18 I won my tribunal appeal and I was awarded enhanced pip from the 9/2/18 can someone tell me do I get it backdated. I was getting suppment payment from 9/2/18 but ended on the 24/11/18. Also can someone tell me do I get disability premiums on my job seekers and do they get backdated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    No idea about supplementary payment i'm afraid because that doesn't exist here in the UK.

There's a disability premium of £33.55 (single claim) for JSA but only if you're claiming Income related JSA, it's not paid on Contributions based JSA. Back dated to start of PIP award.

Severe disability premium will depend on circumstances. You need income related JSA, and you need to be living alone or classed as living alone. Possibly backdated to start of PIP award if other criteria applied at the time.

Back dated payments after a Tribunal win can take 8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lee578
    Thanks Poppy I'm claiming income related JSA. Do I get disability and enhanced premium on my JSA? Also it's been almost 3 weeks since my tribunal and I haven't got my award letter yet? And do you know when the Pip payments will start? 
  • poppy123456
    Enhanced disability premium is not available on JSA, only Income related ESA. The disability premium available to you is as stated above in my previous comment.

Backdated payments after a Tribunal win can take 8 weeks or more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    All disability premiums are explained here in this link.

• lee578
    Thanks poppy. can I claim ESA with JSA? Or since I'm getting enhanced PIP would they stop me from getting JSA? also I will be getting a carer in to look after things at home can I still claim JSA if I have a carer it would only be for about 3-5 hours daily 
  • poppy123456
    You can't claim ESA and JSA. ESA is for those with a limited capability for work but you won't be able to claim ESA if your area is a full Universal credit area, it will have to be UC. Which ever one it is, you'll need fit/sick notes from your GP.

Having a carer won't affect a JSA claim.

• poppy123456
    Your PIP award won't stop your JSA award, they're totally different benefits. People claim PIP and work. The same as your PIP award won't help a UC or ESA claim.
  • lee578
    Thanks poppy. Today I got a letter it's called extra money-severe premium. But I'm getting enhanced not severe. Did they send me the wrong form? Also if someone claims carer allowance for me does this mean I won't get premiums? 
  • poppy123456
    The SDP is an extra premium that's paid if you live alone or classed as living alone. No one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you.

It's totally different to enhanced disability premium, which you won't be entitled to as you're claiming JSA not ESA.
  • lee578
    I don't understand why they sent me that form today as I'm not getting severe pip also I'm living with parents. will I still get the disability premiums? 
  • poppy123456
    You won't get the Severe disability premium because you live with your parents.
    You'll get the disability premium on top of your JSA which is an extra £35.55 per week. As i previously advice you won't get the enhanced disability premium because it's not paid on JSA.
  • lee578
    Thanks poppy I'm really greatful for your help. Do I have to apply for disability premiums or does it be added to my JSA automatically? 
  • poppy123456
    For the disability premium on JSA, it's automatically added.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.