Worried about a curfew being created — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about a curfew being created

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
edited December 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hello I am starting to become more extremely anxious about when someone did a petition on change.org calling for a curfew to be created for all young people in this country. I do not want this to happen at all or the young people would not want this either as the curfew will not really work or solve anything at all and it will just make things even more worse like it will just criminalise young people. Also I sometimes worry that the curfew might extend to people under the age of 25 or even up to the age of 30 in the future and I think if that was to ever happen it would be even more stupid and ridiculous. Please help me as 8,203 out of 10,000 people so far has signed it and I now worry that it might actually happen!
S.York

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sholay09, thanks for sharing this with us and sorry to hear you're feeling anxious.

My understanding is that there would have to be a lot of debate and legislation put in place surrounding this before it could even be considered as a possibility. So, regardless of how many signatures the petition has, I don't think there's cause to worry about it yet. I hope this somewhat helps!
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Have you thought about how many lives would be saved.?

They wouldnt be in danger of being stabbed or drugged if they wernt hanging around the streets

Brightness