Baha hearing aid and macular vitteliform — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Baha hearing aid and macular vitteliform

MarleyFarley
MarleyFarley Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2018 in Sensory impairments
I have both hearing loss in one ear and this eye disease. Because to all intents and purposes I look no different to the next person I have to endure daily/ hourly ‘abuse’. Even if I tell people my disabilities, they soon forget within seconds (even my family forget!). Feeling sad. Would appreciate suggestions! Can’t continue like this !!

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MarleyFarley, and a warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

I'm truly sorry to hear this. Would you like to tell us some more about your experiences? I hope you know that you're among friends here, and people who understand. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm also tagging in the lovely @bevt2017 who you may like to have a chat with! 
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @MarleyFarley

A big welcome to the community ?

I'm sorry your feeling sad! 

I'm prouvondly deaf with other disabilitys, due to nerve damage, so i need to use a wheelchair when I go out.

I'm also loosing my eyesight, due to medication, so it's hard for me to communicate sometimes.

On the outside I look like nothing is wrong with me and i get judged a lot by the public.

My family do find it hard to deal with sometimes, and loose there temper.
    But I know they don't meen it.

I get a lot of support from the community, and have friends from the comminty I talk to most days.
    I don't know what I would of done without them.

Take care
    Bev 
  • MarleyFarley
    MarleyFarley Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you Pippa and Bev, it’s good to hear we aren’t alone! Bev your problems far outweigh mine, but we both know they make life so much more difficult! I’m starting a new job soon and I’ll have to go through this (telling everyone about my hearing/sight probs) again and again!! So frustrating! How do you deal with it?? 

Brightness