How can I get a copy of my last pip award assesment letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I get a copy of my last pip award assesment letter

mark02
mark02 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2018 in Transport and travel
How can I get a copy of my last pip award assesment letter to provide a update for renewing my new dissabidis blue badge.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mark02

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

Yes you can ask for a copy of the assessment.

When did this take place???

Do you need the phone number????

Please please let me know if you need any further help/advice???

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    mark02 said:
    How can I get a copy of my last pip award assesment letter to provide a update for renewing my new dissabidis blue badge.

Hi,
    It's the PIP award you need and not the assessment report. You need to ring PIP to ask them to send you a copy. To automatically qualify for a blue badge through PIP then you will need to have scored at least 8 points in the "moving around" part of mobility PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Margarettte
    Margarettte Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    What number do I contact to request a copy of my PIP award letter please 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Margarettte

The DWP contact number should be listed on your award letter. Call that number to ask for a copy of the report. 

To be deemed eligible for a blue badge you must have scored at least eight points for activity thirteen which is the moving around unaided one. Look at these descriptors and see where you should have scored points https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

Good luck! 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Margarette and welcome to the community! The helpline for PIP is 0800 121 4433 which you can request a copy of your award letter :)@poppy123456 is this number correct?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @Margarette and welcome to the community! The helpline for PIP is 0800 121 4433 which you can request a copy of your award letter :)@poppy123456 is this number correct?
    Yes, that's the correct number. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jentay69
    Jentay69 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Hello, I'm getting deafer & struggling with using the phone. Does anyone know if I can get a copy of the PIP award letter online, please? I need to renew my Blue Badge & can I heck as like find my original letter. Have put it somewhere so safe that we can't find it now!
    Thank you.
  • poppy123456
    Jentay69 said:
    Hello, I'm getting deafer & struggling with using the phone. Does anyone know if I can get a copy of the PIP award letter online, please? I need to renew my Blue Badge & can I heck as like find my original letter. Have put it somewhere so safe that we can't find it now!
    Thank you.
    Hi,

I'm afraid you won't be able to request this online. Do you have someone that can ring DWP on your behalf? You will have to go through security but then you will be able to pass the phone onto them.

Even if you do find your PIP award it will need to be dated within the last year, otherwise it won't be accepted by your local council.
  • Jentay69
    Jentay69 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    edited November 2019
    Thank you for your response. I have a letter with the current mobility award - I receive the highest component - but they want to see the number of points I received. My award is ongoing so I haven't had an assessment in the last year. I'm 71.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mark02 and a very warm welcome to the community! How are you getting on?
    Scope

• yvonnegavin
    yvonnegavin Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thank you all for your help
  • jansiraki
    jansiraki Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi everyone,
    I also need an updated pip award letter to renew my blue badge as my last award letter is dated 2019. I have tried to ring  PIP on the number on my award letter to no avail... just keep getting cut off, not even spoke to an advisor, its all recordings. Is there any other way I can request an updated letter??. Thank you, for any help regarding this matter
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    jansiraki said: Is there any other way I can request an updated letter??. 
    No. Try ringing first thing in the mornings (as soon as you can after 9 o'clock) 0800 121 4433
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you been able to call them this morning @jansiraki
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • jansiraki
    jansiraki Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi no luck I've been trying since 9am this morning. Kept on hold for 30mins then disconnected 
    each time. I will try again in a min .Thanks for asking
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,645 Disability Gamechanger
    That sucks, I hope you manage to get through soon
  • allen67
    allen67 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi I keep on trying to get in touch with that number for a copy of my pip and still did not get though I have been trying for two weeks 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @allen67 sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having, it's definitely 0800 121 4433 that you'll need to ring, the PIP enquiry line. 

You might have to be on hold for some time, so if it helps, you can always put your phone on speaker and do something while waiting.

Earlier this year I did the same to get a letter, and it took around half an hour, but I know at the moment that's probably a short wait. 

Let us know how you get on, and if you need a hand with anything else.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ollyoyster
    Ollyoyster Community member Posts: 347 Pioneering
    I rang them up 9am this morning, option 6 I think I pressed, about 35 min wait,, hope this helps x
  • poppy123456
    I rang them up 9am this morning, option 6 I think I pressed, about 35 min wait,, hope this helps x

Option 6 is the automated payment line. It's not the option to press to speak to someone to ask for a copy of a PIP award letter.

Brightness