Discrimination - No housing benefits for SDP recipients !! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discrimination - No housing benefits for SDP recipients !!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    @apollo14lmp
    You ain't wrong there Thatcher is a princess compared to McVile and May and we ain't seen nothing yet of what these horrible vile creatures will stoop too.

Personally I think this pair are the lowest of the lowest and lower than lower can go. Believe me something really needs to be done before it's to, to late?

They are like parasites stuck to the bottom of my shoe.?????
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    ok so i want to move back in with my mum as i feel totally alone and have borderline personality disorder and autism so i need her , it will be in the same county and i claim p.i.p and  jobseeker's allowance currently even though its not realistic for me to work in the future due to mood swings and having 33 jobs previously under my belt because of my disorder but no new claims of esa are accepted anymore so not sure about that anyway my question is will i be moved onto UC and will i get sdp still and will my mum have an option to claim carers allowance because shes not moving its only me moving to her or will she be forced onto UC too as she is on jobseekers currently as well????
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering

I agree not compelled but if I claim UC I would lose my SDP payments .. which total c £126.00 a week as we are in a couple.  IF I claimed UC

So there is the issue of not being able to claim HB my rent is £120 a week so I am using the SDP to pay the rent if you like.

They are aware of our situation - and as they are making SDP recipients ineligible for UC till managed migration occurs my present situation is awkward. So they should amend the rules and allow SDP people to get HB not too difficult for them that ..

These people have created a perfect storm for us doing this .. not compelled to claim UC but left essentially with no SDP due to their fun and games ! as Im paying my rent with it …

Why leave people without access to HB funding at all - this should not happen - know what they are doing to a people with complex illnesses so in mind they ar...e creating a situation with discrimination as the (MY)choices here only apply to disabled people

totally agree with you UC is a disaster if it cuts disabled peoples money as most of the time they are the most vulnerable and already poorest in society ....so sad
  • [Deleted User]
  • Tressell1
    Tressell1 Community member Posts: 25 Courageous
    I am so glad I have seen this post as i thought I was the only one going though this ! I've been in tears since Friday night when my Housing Association called to tell me as no rent has been paid they are in the process of taking me to court to evict me !

I was told I have the choice to stay on my legacy benefits (SG ESA & PIP) by ESA and not to change over until I get a letter from them telling me to change over during managed migration . UC said not to apply as I'd be losing about £45 per week and told me to send an appeal to my council but by then it was already too late . This is all because my HA decided to take 2 months to give me my tenancy agreement , the last piece of evidence the council were waiting on for my change of address from my old flat in the same borough that was in receipt of housing benefit!. We went to court in early May so I could succeed the tenancy of my late Mother ,I won , but to spite me they didn't give me my tenancy agreement until July, and they knew June 20th was when my Local Authority became a full UC area.
    This has left me with no money to pay my rent (£160 pw) and in significant arrears . I'm paying what little I can a month but its a drop in the ocean.

I quite agree with the OP , and have been so angry for months when I think about how people like us have not been accounted for in this disgusting mess of an overhaul that clearly isn't working ! Why give us the choice to stay on legacy benefits if it means we won't have housing benefits !? And they wonder why homelessness is at a horrific level !? No doubt because of situations like this!

My only choice now is being forced back into work , which will cause a breakdown due to mixed anxiety and chronic depression. 
    For the last two nights I've been fighting the urge not to take an over dose. I have to take medication just so I can get to and stay asleep as I'm numb from stress and still grieving my Mother .

I am so sick of them spouting the same lies when faced with evidence they are leaving the most vulnerable poor and destitute !

My heart is aching when i think of those forced on to this horrible 'benefit' who will have nothing this Christmas .

The sooner these evil demons are out the better !
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2018
  • [Deleted User]
  • Charlie123
    Charlie123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hello,

I have been long term sick for 15 years since a teenager. I have always lived with parents but am looking at the potential of getting a flat. However, I am in a full UC area. If I apply for HB I will be migrated to UC (currently on IR ESA SG and PIP) which looks the only option? This is ok. But also though sadly it seems I won't get the SDP which is substantial. I know that there is some protection for people already on this, coming into effect - but is there anything for people who have never claimed it?

At present I am applying for carers allowance instead for my parents to claim, but ideally I would have preferred to get SDP myself and wondered if this is being looked at at all? I presume I can stop the carers allowance if there was a chance. To live alone will cost me so much more and yet the cutback - for no reason - is huge. I hope this somehow gets fairer as most people who hadn't been forced to trigger a switch to UC would get this and it is protected.

Many thanks

Charlie

• Tressell1
    Tressell1 Community member Posts: 25 Courageous

Tressell1 - Im glad my post has brought you some peace - Im sorry you have had such awful times during the past few days. I always find talking help I have plenty of support and hope you do too. Please keep your chin up these **** tories might soon be gone - Labour will be asking for a vote of confidence if May cannot pass Brexit Bill - From all I have read I hope she fail and they fall from power.

I believe that the legacy with no HB is discriminatory but these rats we deal with are very clever sly devious rats .. they well know the game they play ! so sly they would rat on their own mothers - look how they treat the PM that Rees Mogg knocks me sick he is a [edited by moderator] rich man worth over £100 million taking a pittance off sick and the poor - Scrooge he is  .. they are all worse than gutter **** - I hate them .. pure simple hatred of them … that May women is just vile … awkward break dancing vile .. she gives me the creeps  … they have made my life a nightmare for 5 years now … sadly we are not alone ..

They did not want to "account " for me and you and others this was all done cleverly to make you go to work and not claim a  penny off them wether you can sustain work they do not care  - they don't care who lives or dies the more that they fail and  destroy the happier they are ! they did not wish to account for us they mean to destroy us .. they do not account for strength in the face of adversity and that is were they sometimes fail - people like you taking a stand to them !

They are worse than anything I have ever seen - WCA falsified by so called Health care "professionals"  same with PIP .. could not make this up

I hope you are feeling better with this good news - but if you feel so down please seek advice from Samaritans or medical professional  don't become a victim of these vile tories … I hope you can resolve you housing issues Im sure you will with the correct help …  

I suffer generalised hypertension  OA, gout, Atrial Fib, PTSD and depression and I know how you feel - I could not work at present no way - I m trapped …I know how you feel  ...

Good luck chin up and stay strong - wishing you all the very best …. life will get better …..

Thanks so much ! Felt much better reading your reply too! I know this is just their way of trying to claw back money from the most venerable people ( to fund what I don't know ! Certainly not the people of this country ! ) 

It sucks being stuck at home I know , at this time of the year anxiety keeps me cooped up indoors this is what these devils fail to understand, we need to extra money for things like cabs and buying food online because certain tasks are difficult for us to handle ! They're using brexit as a distraction from the destitution they have caused us ! How can you expect us to live on £317 pm !?

I read an article where a woman said they awarded her £98pm! 

My step mum and Dad have done a joint application and get £248pm and that entire amount goes straight on the shortfall in their rent , leaving them to live on his pension .
    Who in their right mind would willingly change to this nonsense!? 

I let out a whoop of joy this week when I read about the vote of no confidence being submitted .

We have just got to look after ourselves the best we can and pray they're booted out asap . 
    Wishing you all the best x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @apollo14lmp, I just thought I should clarify that explicit language is automatically censored on the forum after you post your message.

We want to keep the community a safe and supportive place for everybody, of all ages, and so this is done as a precaution, rather than being a reflection on the content you're posting or the discussion in question. Hope this helps to clarify things.
  • [Deleted User]
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    I  would like to thank Apollo141 for pointing out the COMPLETE TRUTH  about
    how discrimatory and devious this government has been towards disabled people.
    I was made homeless and put up by a friend for 3 weeks whilst on SDP and on ESA. Redditch Council found me a place to live and would not grant me Housing Benefit on the old legacy benefits. Ive been forced to pay full rent for over a year.
    Costing over £4,000.Ive been forced to go to food banks and my own serious health problems have deterioated. I suffered a major heart attack and my neuropathic problems connected to my diabetes have got much worse. I have tremors in my hands and had to ask a friend to type this out on the computer.
    I also have severe anxiety and depression treated with medication. I thought there was hardly any light at the end of the tunnel but you APOLLO141 have given me hope that the new gateway conditions in January might give us fresh hope.
    I know countless people that voted Conservative but because of what they have done will never vote for them again.I just hope Labour and the SNP join forces to bring about a better government who cares about its own people.
    Surely not allowing us Housing Benefit is breaking the Human Rights rules
    Is It ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2018
  • teejays1617
    I  would like to thank Apollo141 for pointing out the COMPLETE TRUTH  about
    how discrimatory and devious this government has been towards disabled people.
    I was made homeless and put up by a friend for 3 weeks whilst on SDP and on ESA. Redditch Council found me a place to live and would not grant me Housing Benefit on the old legacy benefits. Ive been forced to pay full rent for over a year.
    Costing over £4,000.Ive been forced to go to food banks and my own serious health problems have deterioated. I suffered a major heart attack and my neuropathic problems connected to my diabetes have got much worse. I have tremors in my hands and had to ask a friend to type this out on the computer.
    I also have severe anxiety and depression treated with medication. I thought there was hardly any light at the end of the tunnel but you APOLLO141 have given me hope that the new gateway conditions in January might give us fresh hope.
    I know countless people that voted Conservative but because of what they have done will never vote for them again.I just hope Labour and the SNP join forces to bring about a better government who cares about its own people.
    Surely not allowing us Housing Benefit is breaking the Human Rights rules
    Is It ?
  • teejays1617
    Please APOLLO141MP  can you tell me ,will the Gateway condition change on
    January 16th 2019 . I  have truly felt so much poverty over the last 12months it has impacted my health terribly and my mental health.
    Having being forced to pay my rent of over £440 @ month to Redditch Council
    I have had to seriously cut back on much needed food.
    Redditch Council awarded me housing benefit by mistake .Awarded it,then withdrew it. Misery upon misery. So I'm hoping that this new gateway condition 
    will allow me to put in a new claim for Housing Benefit. Will I be allowed to backdate the claim at all? Ive lost between £4000 to £5000 over this last year 
    being forced to pay full rent. I am nearly broke close to bankrupcy.
    I don't drink or smoke
    God knows what would happen if I did
    Your help ,indeed anyones help on this matter will be appreciated
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.