Giveing up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Giveing up

keith55
keith55 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Please help me iam on a drug called longtec witch is supposex to relive the pain witch at first it did but at the cost of everything else . I have lost my life becuse of it. I suffer with a spinal injury  and chronic pain  please can you help

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @keith55 have you spoken to your GP about this?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • keith55
    Yes because i was given it by the pain centre origanly there is no help i tried to get help from cgl. They say they cant help cuz its a prescription  drug i was given it and neve told have adictive they are and how destructive  to your life i was 0n 140ml and also50ml  shortec for break threw pain wen it hit me i was addicted  i then just stopped them and went into melt down  . Over the last 12 months i managed to reduce to 40ml aday longtec tec with no help from anyone  please help iam loseing my battle 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @keith55, I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds as though your pain is really debilitating and I'm truly sorry to hear about the effect this medication has had on you.

Unfortunately, we're not qualified to give medical advice here on the community, and so this wouldn't be the best place to look for practical support and answers. Is your GP aware of your circumstances? Please do keep us updated and we'll offer guidance where we can. I know it doesn't solve your issue, but at the very least, I hope there's at least some comfort to be found in knowing you're among others who understand.
  • keith55
    Thank you pipa  take care

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    How are you doing @keith55 have you managed to speak to your GP?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • keith55
    Yes i have thx iam under pain manage ment  but think i have drepreshion  once i can get out and use my elec wheel chair  that will lift my mood i lit feel a prisoner  i climbinv the walls with boardom  my body is in bits but my minds good if that makez sence to anyone 
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Sorry to hear you're going through this Keith, my gran has had gallstones 9 times and has severe stomach pain where eating can cause severe pain, she's on morphine which does help her partially when the going gets tough. 

With back pain it's terrible because for me a bath or relaxing in one can help with the pain but it's easier for me in your situation I presume it be impossible. 

Explain to your GP the pain is making your day to day life impossible don't hold back and please don't give in, you are wanted and you do matter. 

They are stronger things for the pain yes and I know addiction can be a worry but I'm worried this pain is too much, keep up posted always here be persistent with your GP.

Brightness