TV licencing scam — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

TV licencing scam

CockneyRebel
CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
Be aware that there is a scam regarding your TV licence
I have received in the last two days two mails saying that my TV licence has not beeb pais by direct debit and to either pay in full or be refered to debt collector. This is a scam. I never pay my TV licence by direct debit and it is not due until next year, So be aware if you receive a similar e mail
Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing and making others aware, @CockneyRebel!
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Anyone who normally pays by direct debit should first of all check their bank statements.    There seems to be quite a few similar scans on the go just now.  It pays to be vigilant especially where money is concerned. Thanks for the post @CockneyRebel.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• lucy14
    lucy14 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    I've had one of those but ignored it as I don't pay direct debit it did look genuine  x
  • vysvader
    vysvader Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited December 2018
    I can believe. My phone number and email addresses are possible to collect online (there are more reasons), I'm getting some scams on weekly basis : )) and cold calls with an advertisement on daily basis. Once, HM Revenue & Custom wanna arrest me, car accident, then I win millions, and so on. Actually, you can wait for more once your contacts are widely found on the internet, or you subscribe on a website which sells the contacts (that's very common), and it's also easy to harvest your email addresses from LinkedIn and Facebook groups (you don't see it but Facebook provides it).
    You can feel free to get in touch 
  • AlexW_Scope
    AlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 224 Pioneering
    Citizens Advice has a free helpline for advice on online scams. Contact a Scams Action adviser by calling 0300 330 3003.

The service is open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Brightness