Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

shelley6507
shelley6507 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
please can anyone advise me on how long after assessment you find out if you have lcwra. Thankyou

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, there is no standard time frame for a decision to be made it can depend on the work load in your area or if more information is required and as Christmas is up on us could and can cause delays.
  • CaraLee
    CaraLee Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Hello, if you have access to the internet you should be able to log in to your account and ask this question in your journal and they may give a time frame they aim to meet however there may be delays. If the decision does take longer than anticipated try not to worry as they should back pay to the date a decision should have been made - this is what happened in may case, others may have different experiences. I hope you find out the decision soon.      
  • shelley6507
    shelley6507 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you all 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shelley6507, glad to see you've had some guidance!
  • Flowie
    Flowie Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi I had my assessment on the 23rd of November which was a paper one 
    Then I got a journel letter saying I will get lcwra on  sunday the 10 th December and now I am waiting for a letter to say when it starts and if I have backpay
    Hope you get newes soon
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Being owed any backpay will depend on when you sent your first fit/sick note. LCWRA isnt paid for the first 3 months. It's paid from month 4 of your claim starting from when you sent your first fit/sick note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.