I need some advice on how to cope with Restless legs syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need some advice on how to cope with Restless legs syndrome

Options
LadyRichards55
LadyRichards55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, my name is Maria and I've been struggling recently with RLS, not sleeping, pacing the room etc. Can anyone odder some advice on how to cope? Thanks

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @LadyRichards55

Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us.
    Please have a look at our quick guide about our community and feel free to join in our recent discussions RLS UK  offer some good tips on managing RLS.

If you have any questions, please let us know, we are happy to help.  
  • AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @LadyRichards55 welcome to the community. I started getting RLS over a year ago and it is sooo horrible. As soon as I relaxed it started. The only thing that helped me was Amitriptyline. It helped for a year so I had dose increased which unfortunately affected my gastritis so now I am on Gabapentin which isn't as good. Hope that helps.
    Keep us updated. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • LadyRichards55
    LadyRichards55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, I've been prescribed amytriptaline before for sleep problems, I didn't suffer too much with RLS then, perhaps that was the reason why, will try them again.
  • underdiagnosed
    underdiagnosed Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I've the same problem but with increasing mobility probs as well. I asked my GP what I could do and he suggested stretching my legs every night before I go to sleep. I do this very thoroughly and hold and repeat my stretches. This has really helped and I haven't had any major probs with it since. Might be worth a try.

Brightness