Blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge

TonyMon
TonyMon Community member Posts: 17 Connected
I got 4 points for mobility on my PIP is it worth applying for a blue badge has anyone managed to get one with 4 points I no 8 points is automatic 

Comments

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    @TonyMon   Hi, you don't need to be on PIP to qualify for a blue badge.  Virtually every local authority has their own rules and regulations with every case treated on its own merits.   Go ahead and apply, you've nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain.   Season's Greetings.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• TonyMon
    TonyMon Community member Posts: 17 Connected
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    exdvr said:
    @TonyMon   Hi, you don't need to be on PIP to qualify for a blue badge.  Virtually every local authority has their own rules and regulations with every case treated on its own merits.   Go ahead and apply, you've nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain.   Season's Greetings.
    You can get an application form from your local council or on the web. The form in my opinion is long and requires a lot of detail. It is likely that you will have an assessment to check your walking abilities. This assessment is more in depth than the PIP one (for mobility purposes)
    There are no guarantees in getting one. My wife who receives the day and night rate of Attendance Allowance predominately because of her mobility issues was refused a renewal by the council. 
    There are no appeal procedures set down by legislation but you can ask them to look at their decision again if you have more compelling evidence.

Good luck.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes every council have their own criteria for awarding Blue Badges and many are screening applications more severely because of the abuse that has been happening by users and their families. One person I know had three acessments and refused each time and mentioned it to a friend who is a health professional and by adding her name and what ever extra information a blue badge was awarded without further acessment.

Brightness