Missing friends and family at Christmas — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Missing friends and family at Christmas

debbiedo49
debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
Hi
its going to be a bit sad for us this Christmas as my dad passed away in May this year and we won’t have him with us at Christmas. It’s still very raw and it feels like he passed away yesterday. It’s sad when friends and family are no longer here and you feel it more on special occasions sometimes. You just have to do your best to get through it the best you can and make new memories if you are able to. I have my son at home so I am lucky in that sense as we have each other through thick and thin. It’s very much in my mind that I have no parents living or grandparents for my son now and it’s hard to overcome sometimes. I feel too young for this lol I’m only 50! Just putting it out there for other folks who might be missing family or friends at Christmas and New Years and hoping that no one is feeling alone and sad. ???

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us @debbiedo49. Christmas can be a difficult time of year for so many reasons, and I'm sure it'll be a huge help to others reading this to know that they're not alone. I hope you and your son have a wonderful Christmas, and here's to the healthiest and happiest 2019 possible for everybody. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Hello @debbiedo49 Thank you for sharing.

I know Christmas is a emotional  time for many. My thoughts always with friends I have lost. Those who have lost loved ones.

Always in prayers.

On Christmas Day be on here happy to support any one going through the day. Find it hard to be alone.  As I am always on the forum and around .

Another day for me.

So if you do wish to have a chat always glad to hear from you.  Find it a struggle to cope.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness